Qashqai not listed on NissanConnect site

ICE, Equipment, Options
thedogsbollock

Post by thedogsbollock »

Hi Folks

I followed the link to NissanConnect, from the You+Nissan web site (where my new Qashqai's details were shown after entering the VIN) but when I go to register on NissanConnect, there is no listing for Qashqai under the model of car option for 2016?

In my impatience I was tempted just to select "Juke" instead, but I don't want to do this and find I've messed it all up from the start!

Any suggestions would be most gratefully received
Many thanks in advance to anyone who takes the trouble to respond
TTFN
Bernard

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Sounds like you've ended up on the US .com website.
Were you navigating there on a laptop or a mobile?
You may need to call Nissan Cust Service or get them to call you back via:
https://s-4803.estara.com/UI/gui.php?do ... 1469690222.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
thedogsbollock

Post by thedogsbollock »

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

I called the Customer Helpline and apparently it would appear that the link I get offered on the You+Nissan web sit to NissanConnect is for the old portal, not the new NissanConnect portal, hence the reason why it does not list the Qashqai on there when registering.

As a result, I promptly deleted my NissanConnect account on the old portal, but I can't for the life of me find a means of accessing the new NissanConnect portal, in order to be able to set the blooming' thing up?

If anyone should have any suggestions I would be extremely grateful, as I'm such a pedantic bugger that I've spent the entire afternoon trying to suss this out. I think I managed to find a different NissanConnect portal at: https://gb.nissanconnect.eu/en-gb/Account/
but it only offers a log-in window and not the opportunity to create an account.

My suspicion is that there is a problem with the way my new car appears on the You+Nissan web site, as the person I spoke to suggested that I should be offered an option to activate the NissanConnect apps on there, as opposed to just the link to the old portal. However I am going to drive myself potty in my relentless efforts to try and get it set up and at least if I know there is nothing I can do about it, until Nissan correct this particular glitch, then I can at least give up on the matter until then.

I must admit, with this only being my second day as a Nissan Owner of my new £25k car, I'm not particularly impressed with my experience of such a frustrating issue! I certainly hope that this isn't a foreboding omen of more infuriating aggravation to come as a Nissan Customer

Again, I'm extremely grateful to anyone who goes to the bother of getting back to me

TTFN
Bernard
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

thedogs,

To be honest don't waste your time with this, the whole Nissanconnect is a pile of crap. The apps that we can use in the UK are totally useless apart from google search, that works just as good or better on your phone.
thedogsbollock wrote:Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

I called the Customer Helpline and apparently it would appear that the link I get offered on the You+Nissan web sit to NissanConnect is for the old portal, not the new NissanConnect portal, hence the reason why it does not list the Qashqai on there when registering.

As a result, I promptly deleted my NissanConnect account on the old portal, but I can't for the life of me find a means of accessing the new NissanConnect portal, in order to be able to set the blooming' thing up?

If anyone should have any suggestions I would be extremely grateful, as I'm such a pedantic bugger that I've spent the entire afternoon trying to suss this out. I managed to find a different NissanConnect portal but it only offers a log-in window and not the opportunity to create an account.

My suspicion is that there is a problem with the way my new car appears on the You+Nissan web site, as the person I spoke to suggested that I should be offered an option to activate the NissanConnect apps on there, as opposed to just the link to the old portal. However I am going to drive myself potty in my relentless efforts to try and get it set up and at least if I know there is nothing I can do about it, until Nissan correct this particular glitch, then I can at least give up on the matter until then.

I must admit, with this only being my second day as a Nissan Owner of my new £25k car, I'm not particularly impressed with my experience of such a frustrating issue! I certainly hope that this isn't a foreboding omen of more infuriating aggravation to come as a Nissan Customer

Again, I'm extremely grateful to anyone who goes to the bother of getting back to me

TTFN
Bernard