Firmware/ software updates

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

I have jailbroken iPhone6 with iOS8.1.2 and all works fine. What exact issue have you experienced?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

I have a J11 and D302 software. I have an iPod connected via USB. Connect screen on AUX shows a fairly constant Indexing and album covers intermittently show/don't show even though theu're on teh iPod, along with the system 'forgetting' half way through an album it's playing an album and switching to Songs based playing in alpha order. All fairly trivial - however, I feel a system re-boot is required to clear the bugs. Save from turning on and off (tried this, didn't work), or using 'Restore system defaults', is there a way to do this, apart from disconnecting the battery/pulling the fuse (assuming I can find the right one) and forcing one.

Would welcome a view please?

Anyone? Is this just me being thick?
Leicestershire, UK - 1.5diesel Tekna Pan Roof in Nightshade
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

When you say "fairly constant" does the percentage actually count up or does it get stuck ?

I also have an iPod connected and it will re-index every time I start the car. The music takes about 15 seconds (or so) to actually start playing but the index will carry on for about 5 mins afterwards.

Strangely I noticed only yesterday that mine had gone from playing random songs (which I did by pressing the MIX button on the connect) to playing songs in Alphabetical order. I don't know why it suddenly did that. I normally just leave it on MIX all the time.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Hi Lanstrom - thanks for the response. I mean it re-indexes every time, it doesn't get stuck, or hasn't yet - yes music starts after some seconds, re-indexing several minutes (no idea why it needs to do this every time and suspect this is part of my issue). I like playing full albums through (and seeing the album artwork) - sometimes this works, mostly doesn't per above - think its what software developers call a 'feature'...

Would still welcome thoughts on thre-boot, from anyone who has done this?
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Nightshade wrote:Hi Lanstrom - thanks for the response. I mean it re-indexes every time, it doesn't get stuck, or hasn't yet - yes music starts after some seconds, re-indexing several minutes (no idea why it needs to do this every time and suspect this is part of my issue). I like playing full albums through (and seeing the album artwork) - sometimes this works, mostly doesn't per above - think its what software developers call a 'feature'...

Would still welcome thoughts on thre-boot, from anyone who has done this?
OK well I can tell you that mine is also on D302 and does exactly the same apart from the missing artwork. I used MP3TAG to embed artwork into every track. I am quite anal about it. I dont have any missing artwork.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Yes - I have all albums with artwork on the iPod and it shows on the Connect screen for a few tracks or so maybe, then goes AWOL either on teh next track up, or it 'skips' to Alpha songs per above, sometimes showing the album, sometime not. As I say, a 'feature'
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

Hi everyone. I've been having music playback issues since changing to an iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2.1). Track switching is really slow, track duration freezes and sometimes takes ages selecting the playlist before seeing the list. I've tried my wife's iPhone 6 (same iOS) and it's fine. Plus my friend's iPhone 7. Same issue as me. So it seems there's an issue with compatibility of iPhone 7.

My connect unit is software D502 and firmware 031. Assume I have the latest versions?

Chris