Firmware/ software updates

ICE, Equipment, Options
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Monkeywba"]Mine was in last week for something else and I asked them about an update, told them what version I had (D053) and was told there was an update but it wasn't applicable to me and there computer wouldn't let them do the update because of that! [/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was advised when last at the dealers, they said the previous update to DO53 was the latest for my model, does the DO302 update apply only to certain models or Countries?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Mines in for service today so i'll let you know what it comes back with.
Nissan no more...
duncho

Post by duncho »

D205 and D300 must be updated to D302 as these two versions are problematic causing issues with DAB reception. D053 is stable (even if it consists of incorrect translations in other languages e.g. czech/italian/slovak and other common bugs spread on all NC versions available). Therefore I assume you were not offered with latest D302 version. On the other hand, dealers just follow the information from eNews, which after VIN of your car is entered tells them what updates are released for that particular car. If it says no updates available, it doesn't mean that D302 is not compatible (it is) they just don't do it as there is no requirement to do so.
duncho2015-04-28 09:51:50
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thanks Dan, as usual you come in with the answer dealers can't be bothered to know about. Yes my DO53 does seem to work ok so I suppose the dealer may becorrect in saying no update currently required...Jon Did they update yours today Richard?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

I have D302 and can report that I have had no issues with reception on DAB, from my home in Staffordshire, I've covered over 1000 miles this week, to Sheffield (my daily commute over the peak district), up the M6 to Southport, and to mid Wales.Particularly with this latter journey, which I have been doing for the last 17 years, I have always had radio reception issues but I would have no hesitation in stating that this is the best I've had, over about 8 or nine cars, with factory fit and aftermarket head units.
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit
duncho

Post by duncho »

Just to add on top of BatterBits's satisfaction, UK DAB testing has been performed temporary for 5-6 weeks and therefore even those who still have old firmware (D205-D300) are not experiecing any problems with DAB reception at the moment. From August 2015, DAB broadcasting set with coding and bandwidth which was previously tested and caused problems on Nissan Connect will become pernament, therefore you all are asked to come for update to D302 (before August '15), which fixes issues caused on mentioned versions (D205-D300).

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Had mine serviced this week and at my request dealer updated to D302 - even though not listed by Nissan as required they installed anyway, so kudos to them.

Haven't noticed much difference except switching DAB stations is now instantaneous, where previously there was a 5 sec delay before it tuned in. Had no dropouts over 7hr drive (!) but was listening to BBC stations were coverage is often strong anyway. Still glitches when using my iPhone though - freezing display or not playing audio. Had to unplug a couple of times to reconnect.
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD
duncho

Post by duncho »

What iPhone model do you have? Have you tried wiped it and restore the backup from iTunes?

iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Any other changes from version D053?
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

[quote="duncho"]What iPhone model do you have? Have you tried wiped it and restore the backup from iTunes?[/QUOTE]iPhone 6 iOS 8.3 - to be clear it's the NC that's at issue, not the phone, which performs as expected. I haven't tried a restore but will give that a go. I also noticed controls to play podcasts don't work on NC. Since iOS8 it hasn't really worked that well at all.
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD