Installing Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor

ICE, Equipment, Options
reza

Post by reza »

Hi Guys,

I bought a brand new Nissan Qashqai Ti 2017 (Top of the range in NZ) and unfortunately they have removed some of the Smart Safety features i.e FCW, Emergency braking, Adaptive Cruise control but it does have LDW, Blind Stop sensor and the normal cruise control.

I was wondering if I can install the radar sensor and make the Cruise Control as adaptive as it's pain in the ass to stop and resume the CC constantly.

I found the sensor part on ebay but was wondering if I can do it myself.

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302222979685

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-NISSAN-Q ... Sw5cNYYZLr

That would be appreciated if you can share your experience if you have done it before or if you know how it can be done.

Cheers
Last edited by reza on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 2.0 Ti, Ink Bue :idea:

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Can't help with your question but carrying out the work might invalidate your manufacturer's warranty
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Reza, firstly welcome to the Forum. I assume looking at the Ti Spec in NZ that these options are not available as you mentioned removed. I would think that this is quite a major modification and OK the Part mentions it is Nissan, but as the QQ is new I would think that your Guarantee would be null and void if anything goes wrong - bought on eBay, installed privately etc... do you have the set buttons on your steering wheel for example ?
There are already many owners with electronic problems with QQ's and do not forget if you "after fit" this system and it goes Haywire and there is for example an accident - are you covered by your Insurance and then who pays !
Sorry but technically I cannot really help just make some comments, but do not take these as criticisms more as a guide - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Totally agree with DaveBerlin above, and the QQ doesnt have 'adaptive cruise control' in the first place.
yaesu

Post by yaesu »

If you have to 'constantly' stop/reset the cruise control just maybe you're not using it with due regard to traffic conditions? On some urban motorways in Belgium for instance use of CC is not allowed, presumably due to traffic conditions. Just a thought.
Harsh.
2015 black 1.6 dci ntec+
March 2015 Ntec+ 1.6 dci manual black
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I find the CC System helpful and easy to use just a matter of pressing buttons and on motorways a real help in my opinion. I was a bit surprised on your comment about Belgium, but it does appear a round sign C48, red ringed with a diagonal red stripe over Cruise Control written on it. The statements I found are : "not allowed to use CC until next intersection" or AA "It is banned to use CC on congested motorways and can also appear during motorways works".
This was new to me, you live and learn - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I was in a friends Skoda Superb last week and the adaptive cruise control was ace, we were on the motorway and it just slowed down and pulled away itself based on the car in front. If you change into a faster lane it would accelerate itself until it reached the speed limit or saw a car in front and match it.

I would guess the software is more important than the sensor hardware, so just getting the sensor if you could get one would be pointless if the QQ isn't running the software behind it.

I'm in two minds about this feature, I would see myself becoming very lazy and potentially relying on it too much.

I did a 150 mile motorway trip in the QQ recently and didn't touch the brake or accelerator for any of it, just used the steering wheel thumb switch to knock it down to 50 during roadworks or up to the limit as and when necessary.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, I do not know if you read the post "Nissan Qashqai Facelift" as this does mention a few points relative to your Skoda experience : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5090&start=40#p46317
It does mention that it includes Nissan Intelligent Mobility available with ProPILOT autonomous drive capability which controls the Steering, Accelearation and Braking on single lane highways. I could be wrong but I think this is the same as the point you made.
Unfortunately it does mean forking out to buy a Facelift Version - Dave :lol:
duncho

Post by duncho »

reza: QQ J11 never had adaptive cruise control. TBH I don't know any Nissan with ACC. That ebay listing is milimeter wave radar for AEB.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
reza

Post by reza »

Thanks guys for your feedbacks. Would we be able to add the new features of the new facelifted QQ i.e. rear cross traffic sensor or intelligent cruise controller stuff to QQ J11 ?
2017 2.0 Ti, Ink Bue :idea: