Cruise control and engine light problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
CJS

Post by CJS »

Further to my earlier post regarding the failure of the cruise control plus the engine warning light coming on: just one day before the car goes to the dealership to have these faults corrected both have miraculously cleared up. Firstly, the cruise control started working as normal and now the engine light is out. I will still take the car in but I am not certain that any error codes will show up now that all seems well. At least I can point out the likely culprit following helpful replies on this site. Incidentally, my car has had to have a software update to prevent a jerky cruise when on criuse control, a replacement battery, the rear mud guard fixed and tow bar bolts replaced (the latter two both recalls). In spite of this I still consider the qashqai a good package. The key for the person looking to purchase a qashqai is in that word 'package'. Few other offerings score so well in so many areas.
Qashqai J11 1.6D Tekna automatic

CJS

Post by CJS »

Further to the above. My car spent the whole day at the dealership. The jammed sun blind was not fixed as the parts have to be ordered (in spite of alerting them to the fact over a month ago). The cruise control was 'fixed' and worked for two days. No replacement parts were used in the repair. Now non functional again. Rather cheesed off with the garage at the moment - I did point out that I knew about the Nissan technical brief and likely cure for the problem. Odd positive point - they did clean the car even though it didn't need it?? Unfortunately I was not able to find out exactly what else they did to the car as I picked it up late
So that was a waste of time. Fortunately no charge as it was under warranty.
Am I expecting too much from technology, the car and garage?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Perhaps find an alternative dealer, near work?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

What model is your Qashqai? Have you been able to confirm any fault codes?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
CJS

Post by CJS »

The car is a 2014 Tekna 1.6 diesel with the the CVT box. It has 46000 kms on the clock. Will try to get more details from the garage regarding error codes next week (a long drive down to Zagreb has intervened - fortunately the car has performed well with even the cruise control functioning as it should).