Malfunction Forward Collision?

ICE, Equipment, Options
cityrat79

Post by cityrat79 »

Hi

I bought a Qashqai Accenta Premium Petrol 1.2 from a car supermarket last Friday, and it's taken a few days to understand all the tech!

When I start it up, an icon appears that I can only find in one section of the manual (pictures attached), suggesting that there is a malfunction with the Forward Collision radar. However, it doesn't light up red or anything, it's just on the console behind the steering wheel in a tiny white picture. It's the third icon along in the black rectangle with 3 images in it that I'm getting (32).

However, I'm not sure why the manual shows these icons as black, as it doesn't appear to "stand out" from any of the other display. I almost didn't even notice it as it's so small.

The car supermarket gives a 3 month guarantee, but it's two hours' drive from us, so would rather not return it and be told I'm being stupid because it's just telling us it's disabled, or a quick fix or non-problem I haven't been able to find out about elsewhere.

Any help greatly appreciated!

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Your signature doesn't indicate your model type/ age (J10 or J11 <current model>); is it still within
3 year Gtee period?

If so, find local Nissan dealer. :shock:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

It is as it is the Manual states exactly as you have shown and this system can be a bit temperamental and sometimes work, sometimes not. I have had Parts replaced recently. I would suggest back to the "Supermarket" but I would think this is a Nissan Dealer problem that needs sorting out. Is the QQ out of Guarantee for example if not try a Dealer - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
cityrat79

Post by cityrat79 »

Thanks both, apologies for forgetting to include the information. It's a 14 plate QQ, out of manufacturer warranty in February 17, so just before we bought it.

To save a four-hour round trip (and associated petrol), plus potentially being without a car for a while until the car supermarket fixes it, any idea what a Nissan dealer would charge to fix?
Username:

Post by Username: »

some body correct me but if its white doesnt that mean its active,try turning it off in settings and see if the icon goes out also is it in the warnings page on the on board computer saying there is a fault,i might be wrong i normally am
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION
DD41

Post by DD41 »

I agree with the last reply it's just telling you it's active .I have all them little icons on mine they turn yellow when in action :)
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
cityrat79

Post by cityrat79 »

Oh great, thank you. My husband has the car today, but I will see if I can alter it tonight. I assume instructions for the settings are easily found in the manual, to try turning this off? Any reason just this one shows up, rather than the other ones?
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Drive towards a stationary car and don't brake till the last second, and see if it starts beeping at you.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I agree with some of the other comments on here. The icons will appear in white on your dashboard, it just means they are on. If you want to try, go into your settings and switch them off and they will disappear. I always have my lane departure switched of when not on the motorway as the "bleeping" drives me insane when on normal roads.

Cheers

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Mine is definitely turned on - an hour ago it stopped me ramming an old Peugeot with no brake lights.
On the dash, during normal driving, the symbol shows in white.
therefore white = active
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)