Parking Sensors !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

This shitty customer non-support destroyed all the joy I had when I bought this car...
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

My car was in the other day having the sensors done. Dealership stated they have fitted 'newly designed' front sensors, can only say in the last few days with a lot of rain I've not had one false reading.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Summerjunk wrote:My car was in the other day having the sensors done. Dealership stated they have fitted 'newly designed' front sensors, can only say in the last few days with a lot of rain I've not had one false reading.
Could you please PM me more details, the best repair report if possible? Many thanks in advance!

duncho

Post by duncho »

I tweeted NissanUK they called me to say they cannot help as I'm not based in the UK. The guy on the phone couldn't tell whether there is any fix or not. I also asked him about indicators+DRL topic and he said he never heard of this before....

Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

duncho wrote:
Summerjunk wrote:My car was in the other day having the sensors done. Dealership stated they have fitted 'newly designed' front sensors, can only say in the last few days with a lot of rain I've not had one false reading.
Could you please PM me more details, the best repair report if possible? Many thanks in advance!
Ditto, fed up having this problem as well. Could you please PM with the same. Cheers
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Are the new sensors really available now ? Trying to get info out of Nissan CS is like trying to get blood out of a stone !

Now the crappy weather is here mine are going berserk again :(
COACHSWIN

Post by COACHSWIN »

There was a NIssan approved fix given to dealers in May/June this year. It really is a high tech solution!! It involves drilling small holes in the sensors to allow water to drain - it does appear to have worked. It does not resolve the problems with the BSW sensors - a safety system which is a waste of time becaause it does not work apart from when it is dry!!!
David
duncho

Post by duncho »

I had mine reprogrammed 2 days ago. Once it beeped shortly while I was waiting in a traffic. Will post results after longer test...

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

COACHSWIN wrote:There was a NIssan approved fix given to dealers in May/June this year. It really is a high tech solution!! It involves drilling small holes in the sensors to allow water to drain - it does appear to have worked. It does not resolve the problems with the BSW sensors - a safety system which is a waste of time becaause it does not work apart from when it is dry!!!
Drilling the holes is no longer offered by Nissan. They told me that they had feedback that it wasn't always successful so they have now stopped doing that whilst they await another fix (new design of sensors).
duncho

Post by duncho »

Short update on dealer's work done on my car parking sensors. They decreased the sensors sensitivity so badly that I almost hit the wall when I hear first beep! It starts beeping when distance is 26cm from a wall. Can you measure yours?