Removing gear knob J11?

Bodywork & Interior problems
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Does anyone know how to remove the gear knob on the J11 QQ? in the warm weather the gear knob makes a creaking sound every time I use it which is really irritating! Hoping to get it off to investigate the cause. When I put leather polish on the gear knob the noise does go for a short time.

Any info greatly appreciated

Cheers

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Summerjunk, if you take a look at this eBay Ad (open it up fully and scroll down) it actually states that it only takes a couple of minutes to change the Gear Knob. If this is a correct statement then it is likely it is a "Pull Off" job but guaranteed you need a lot of effort so mind your nose if you try. Some are screwed on, some glued on and some snapped on, now which one we have is a good question. The "Master Mind" on illustrations and how to do it is "Hound" and I am sure if he knows he will post - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

As Dave says the only info given by Nissan is to "pull off your knob". :shock:

They are, however, quite insistent that you don't re-use it, and give specific instructions on fitting its replacement.

knob1.jpg

knob2.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Many thanks for the info dave and hound, looks like I will have to source a new part
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Surely should be covered under warranty?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, tried "Pulling off my Knob" nothing happened :D :lol: . Could this be the sort of fitting we are looking at ? - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Philuk2k

Post by Philuk2k »

Lift the plastic part A shown in the picture turn the gear nob anti-clockwise it should release the reversal to refit