Phone docking

ICE, Equipment, Options
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Hi!

Im considering getting a Mobile Phone docking/holder for my Qashqai... I would prefer one with wireless charging. Anyone have any good suggestion of docking and placement of it? I have searched around some, but the dockings i found either covering the nissan display. Or if i have it on the door-side it would be a hassle getting usb cable/charger to the middle....

LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Anyone?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Why bother when your phone links by Bluetooth to Connect unit. Just charge it in the centre console out of the way.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

If the car had full Android Auto I'd agree, but if the OP, like me, uses his phone as a tool for his work then he'll need to see the screen.

I've got a HTC M8 and have the official HTC dock attached to the windscreen by the drivers A pillar. 12v feed is easily sorted from the fuse panel on that side

Oh, and before anyone has a go about using the phone whilst driving - ask Nissan why you have the facility to check facebook, twitter and eurosport on the Connect whilst doing 70mph on the motorway - that's not exactly safe either. At least my phone is in my line of sight
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Agree with rod9669. And, why cant i browse my contacts in the driver display. I have to use the centre console screen and buttons there. Would be alot better to browse with the steeringwheel buttons in the driverdisplay.
yaesu

Post by yaesu »

Shouldn't the first priority be ''LOOK WHERE YOU'RE GOING?!!''
Receiving a call while moving is maybe just abut acceptable but to hunt for a contact number to call just cannot be safe. Please stop to make your calls for everyones sake!
Rant over, regards, Yaesu.

03 2015 QQ NTec+ black.
March 2015 Ntec+ 1.6 dci manual black
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

If you're using an Android, you can set up "OK Google" to make tha call for you completely hands free - just say ok google call Rod mobile, for example. Also works to send texts, navigate etc

And Yaesu, I agree with you - which is why I think it is irresponsible of Nissan not to disable facebook etc when the car is in motion
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Well, you can browse through the contacts while stopped in a queue/red traffic light etc. My wife have a Ford, and its very easy to browse the contacts with the buttons on the steering wheel... and you can have a half eye at the road to see when its moving again.
NorfolkJohn

Post by NorfolkJohn »

This doesn't offer anything in the way of power connectivity, but the "Breffo Spiderpod" fits nicely into the centre air vent and just pulls out and stores in the centre armrest when not being used.

It's slightly Heath-Robinson in the way you grip the phone but it works OK for me with a Nexus 5 and there are no nasty suction marks on the glass!

Cost is £15 from Amazon

2016 Ink Blue 1.6 Dig-T Tekna with Pano Roof.
Carnut57

Post by Carnut57 »

Why not put your phone in centre console connected by Bluetooth then no need for anything on show, just a thought.