Defective rear bumper 2015 ntec - help

Bodywork & Interior problems
Jordster

Post by Jordster »

Hi guys, need some advice. I bought my qq new with 40 miles (delivery) June 2015. I am the only person that was registered to the vehicle and ordered it through a broker (uk) which was delivered by a local nissan supplier. The car had a few marks on the plastic bumper which I informed the delivery company and these were repaired within days. Since owning the car and when there was rain late last year I noticed water pooling to the left of the rear bumper. Upon closer inspection I noticed the bumper is deformed with a bigger gap between the boot meeting the bumper on the left than to the right. Nissan said to tell them during my service. When the car went in for service this June there was an issue with an oil leak so I had to book the car in for repair under warranty. I mentioned the bumper and they thought it had unclipped so offered to re fix. I received the car back and the bumper was the same. I called out the head of service who said the bumper was defective and would book me in again to get this replaced. I took the car in today after receiving an email from the head of repairs saying the bumper would be replaced as it was defective. I received a phone call tonight to say Nissan won't replace the bumper as it wouldn't have left the factory like that and us laser tested. I have called the broker to ask for photos when the car was delivered to hopefully prove this as you wouldn't notice unless you looked specifically. I now have been told to collect my car tomorrow and don't know what to do. Any advice as the car is immaculate and there is no damage to the bumper thus proving its defective? When back I will take photos and will check if I have any now but anyone else have this issue or able to help? Thanks in advance

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

All I can suggest right now is to have a look at all the fixing points you can on the bumper. If a bolt or clip has not been quite secure enough, it's feasible that the bumper has shifted a bit since assembly. There are quite a few as you can see. Also, consider that my car was delivered with very poor door/wing/bonnet alignment on one side which the body shop had to correct, so don't believe too much in the factory's laser testing story.

bumper.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Jordster

Post by Jordster »

Thanks - I won't let it go and have an email confirming it will be replaced so will be going for them today!
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

Hound, a separate story but would you be able to tell me the part number for item 5 - the cable loom?
2015 Tekna 1.6dCi in Pearl Black (plus Brink/Thule detachable towbar)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'm sorry, the service manual doesn't have part numbers in it. :(
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic