Ticking sound driver door/dash area

Bodywork & Interior problems
Deleted User 4727

Post by Deleted User 4727 »

Hi Gray

From what the tech explained, I believe the issue was caused by the body panel joint underneath the driver door seal. Not sure how he fixed it unfortunately. I'm assuming he may have packed it with something?

Might be worth pointing out that particular area to your dealer next time you go in.

I completely understand your frustration! I think I elbowed the same area over and over too lol. Definitely persevere with it as it should be an easy fix once you find it.

Cheers Bisco

Gray

Post by Gray »

Hi Bisco,

OK, appreciate your reply, thanks!
At least I know I'm not alone and now have a reference case (or two...)!

//Gray
iant1966

Post by iant1966 »

I have the same issue with my new car.

I am now down to one rattle at the top of the drivers door (RHD UK spec car). Things I have already done:

1) Removed both door cards and changed out any loose clips with BMW clips (few £ on ebay). I also found a small drop of hot glue on the clip worked well to stop rattling. For those who worry about removing the door cards - I am no expert and the videos on You Tube are enough, save for noting you should not try and remove the clips with your bare hands as they are sharp and swearing will happen!, and you should use trim removal tools (you will need them again!)
2) All Nissan clips had the rubber washer from the BMW clips placed over them
3) As a result of these two measures the rattling in the passenger door was fixed
4) I am now left with a rattle which happens on bumpy roads around the back of the drivers door.
5) Whilst having the door off I also replaced the front Nissan speakers with a pair of JBL GTOs which make a big difference. As part of that I also installed a few squares of sound deadening but that hasn't stopped the squeak.

I haven't really got time to take the car to the dealers (and I quite like being able to fix this sort of stuff myself anyway). My instinct is that this is either the piece of trim on the top of door into which the door cards sits or something inside the door (handle / cable , etc). Any help / thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. Ian