Bumper top paint protector and front door sill guards

Bodywork & Interior problems
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Hi Guys

After much looking around (and reading of this very helpful forum), I've just ordered a rear bumper paint protector and pair of front door sill guards for my new QQ.

Both are made of black ABS plastic (although the rear bumper protector also comes in silver, carbon look or brushed alloy look, and they also do one in stainless steel) and are manufactured by a company called Rearguards in Leyton Buzzard http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?a ... z52082n2rw . They attach with 3M double sided tape, and full fitting instructions are included with the items. Here are pics:

The bumper guard is £44.09 and the sill guards £35.16 with p&p of £9.20, totaling £88.85.

Delivery is 7-10 days and I'll post some 'before and after' pics once they are on my car.

Nick
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QQ17, this company looks like it has a nice selection. The extras are looking nice and definitely these will help to preserve your paintwork. With regard to the side door entry protection, I extended our coverage with clear film because believe it or not (depending on the persons age) that small white uncovered section still ends up sometimes with black shoe scuff marks :oops: - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

DaveBerlin wrote:QQ17, this company looks like it has a nice selection. The extras are looking nice and definitely these will help to preserve your paintwork. With regard to the side door entry protection, I extended our coverage with clear film because believe it or not (depending on the persons age) that small white uncovered section still ends up sometimes with black shoe scuff marks :oops: - Dave :)

Thanks Dave - where did you get your clear film from?

Nick
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nick, I am not a "Tight A_ _e" but near to us is a "Euro Shop" and I saw this Stuff there for a €1 and bought some 59932-00000 (2x 24cm x5cm) and I used it in the local area where the scuffs always appeared. A photo does not really show up the clear strip. You can get it of the web for example here from Amazon see attached.
Any clear adhesive strip is suitable but do not put you fingers on the adhesive side as you will see it :oops:
Best of luck - Dave ;)

IMG_3407.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I did a similar thing, cost me about £10 for the tape and i have some spare for my mountain bikes where they touch on the bike carrier. The film can be heated to get it to stretch around contours.
DaveBerlin wrote:Nick, I am not a "Tight A_ _e" but near to us is a "Euro Shop" and I saw this Stuff there for a €1 and bought some 59932-00000 (2x 24cm x5cm) and I used it in the local area where the scuffs always appeared. A photo does not really show up the clear strip. You can get it of the web for example here from Amazon see attached.
Any clear adhesive strip is suitable but do not put you fingers on the adhesive side as you will see it :oops:
Best of luck - Dave ;)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I used similar tape, commonly known as "helicopter tape", on mine.

I like those ABS mouldings though.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Hound wrote:I used similar tape, commonly known as "helicopter tape", on mine.

I like those ABS mouldings though.
Thanks Hound - I'll get some tape off FleaBay.

I like the ABS too - I think you can overdo the chrome.....
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

OK - finally found a moment to fit the bumper protector. It went on pretty easily - the included instructions were good, and their tip about using masking tape to indicate exactly where the ends of the protector fit worked well.

Here's the rear bumper before:

here it is with the strip fitted:

and here's what it looks like with the hatchback closed:

I also fitted the bonnet struts last weekend,so we're definitely getting there!

The sill guards should go on this weekend.

Nick
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nick, the QQ is looking good and nicely polished. Did you install the Protector alone or with help :lol: (two shadows in pic), it is easier with two sets of hands - Dave ;)
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Nick, the QQ is looking good and nicely polished. Did you install the Protector alone or with help :lol: (two shadows in pic), it is easier with two sets of hands - Dave ;)
Thanks Dave - well spotted! I enlisted the help of my son, although it could be done single handed, if a little more slowly.

Nick