Qashqai J11 1.6 DiG-T whining noise

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
creepBG

Post by creepBG »

Hello dear friends! Apologies for my sloppy English - I'm from Bulgaria. :lol:

My 03/2016 NISSAN QASHQAI J11 1.6 DiG-T just recently turned its first year with just above 10,000 km on the clock. After changing the oil (NISSAN GENUINE 5W30 DPF - wtf?!?!) and air filter for the first time, on my way back from the main dealer, I started noticing this strange noise coming from the engine bay when lowering revs in neutral. I tried to capture this in a video which I've uploaded on youtube:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ZkgYv6CxRk8[/youtube]

Don't pay attention to the "sewing machine"-like sound (I think it is quite normal for the MR16DDT), but rather focus on the whining noise that can be heard "in the background" after I release the gas pedal and the revs go down. You can notice that revs go up than down and stay at some higher level before they calm down to the idle position. More noticeable after 00:45 when I turn the A/C on.

Do you guys think that this "whining" noise is normal? Thanks for visiting my thread!

Cheers!
Georgi

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Is it possibly the turbo just winding down?
creepBG

Post by creepBG »

No, the turbo whistles with much higher pitch.
creepBG

Post by creepBG »

Nobody has similar noise?
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

Hi creepBG

I've been watching your video quite few times now. I'm not 100% sure about which noise you refer to, but overall its sounds ok to me and similar to mine. I do also believe its just the turbine winding down after you revved it - or at least this is how it sounds.
I often drive with no music on so I'm familiar a bit with how the engine sounds.

Sorry I cannot help more
Last edited by DankoGranko on Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
creepBG

Post by creepBG »

Thank you, Danko! I'll sleep a bit better now that you say it sounds similar to yours! :beer: