1.2 engine rattles at just over 2000rpm

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Parky

Post by Parky »

Hya everyone just listened to video I've the same problem plus high oil useage also condensation under oil cap that's not good givin my dealer a chance to sort the problem they have been told I will have the vehicle back when problems are solved keep you all updated

bluechilli

Post by bluechilli »

[quote="Apple Jack"]Hi all - just joined even though I've been lurking for a while.Had my new Qashqai for just over two months and (apart from an annoying door rattle) everything was great... until last week.My 1.2's engine has started to rattle at just over 2000 rpm. It's not noticeable in 1st, but anything above 2nd gear when accelerating you can definitely hear it. It doesn't do it when idling or at any other point.I've taken it back into the dealership who are telling me their diagnostics show nothing. The technician claims he can't hear it, but lo-and-behold I get in the car and it's still doing it.Just trying to gauge if anyone else's does this and if the engine is actually supposed to sound this way? [/QUOTE]Annoying door rattle??? I have had mine for 2 weeks and have a tiny little annoying rattle, what does your sound like?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

bluechilli: put door rattles in search box for some practical tips.There are several separate threads on this; better to ask there than on anengine rattle thread
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Parky

Post by Parky »

Hya everyone noise / rattle top engine tried to record noise no luck still having too top up oil booked into local dealer to resolve problem I love the car it's good on fuel 42+ (1.2dig t) my daughter in law as a juke same lump no noise also drove the sale mangers qq 1.2 no noise both 14 reg keep you all informed as my mates say turn the music up bit of sabbath / Judas Priest
JAB

Post by JAB »

I have exactly the same noise on my 64 reg 1.2, rattling noise from engine on acceleration. It is also using a lot of oil, 5 litres in less than 2000 miles. Any one else had this issue? Took it to my local Nissan dealer and they said it was high usage but couldn't do anything if there was no oil leak, just run it for a few thousand miles more they said. With regards to the rattle they wanted to know if it was plastic or metal rattle or they would not even look at it. Very poor service I think. With previous cars, not Nissan the dealers would send someone out with you to listen for the noise.
Generally not happy with the service from this dealership.
Parky

Post by Parky »

Hya yes same probs engine rattle it sounds metal tappet/ / timing chain rattle. But no loss off power have to watch revs on hill starts high revs to pull away on going problem booked in on 15 July keep you updated N tec + 1.2. 1.400 miles on clock noise didn't start until around 1000 miles when I had the problem of high oil usage
paplane

Post by paplane »

I'm no expert on these things but I once owned an Audi which used a phenomenal amount of oil. Did some research and found it to be generally accepted (by the owners club) that cars with turbos do tend to consume oil more rapidly than those without.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

But one liter every 400 miles is excessive and not normal. Maybe for an audi ;)
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
paplane

Post by paplane »

[quote="QQ013"]But one liter every 400 miles is excessive and not normal. Maybe for an audi ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is but some of the Audi owners were reporting 1 litre every 1000 miles or so.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Had my first service done last month at about 7000miles.
1.5dci, oil level read as 3/4 left between min and max marker on dipstick.
Dont know what that equates to in litres used, but its very little, considerably less than my last petrol vehicle and a lot less than I was expecting. Well chuffed!
The old oil was still of good consistency....had a little opacity to it, not thick and gloopy.