2016 Qashqai problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
MummyK

Post by MummyK »

What solution did you agree on?

jay70

Post by jay70 »

MummyK wrote:What solution did you agree on?
Nissan took the car back and I was refunded all but £1000 but seeing as I had the car 4.5 months and put 4500 miles on the clock it's a hit I didn't mind taking.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Just out of interest did Nissan offer to replace the vechile with another one of the same spec?
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

PJB729 wrote:Just out of interest did Nissan offer to replace the vechile with another one of the same spec?
Initially I was told the two options would be a partial refund or another car in the same spec but because they would want to keep me as a customer, the latter option would be made more attractive. When it came down to it, the refund turned out to be the better option, so I took it.
eljuero

Post by eljuero »

Happy ending after all. Good work.
So far I'm still happy with my QQ (second hand buy) though it's not perfect.
Gear box is an engineer disaster - nothing can be done.
Front suspension is making iiii sound - was promissed by Nissan that they will replace front shock absorbers (they are dealing with massive recall right now so asked me if I can wait a bit).
Led lights not so good.
Battery was just changed under warranty.
Steering wheels hard left or right makes cracking sound - they promissed to change some absorber if it will still continue after it get a bit warmer weather.
Rear brake pads make clicking noise as you mentioned - they say this is normal.
1.6 DIG-T TEKNA BLACK
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

jay70 wrote:
PJB729 wrote:Just out of interest did Nissan offer to replace the vechile with another one of the same spec?
Initially I was told the two options would be a partial refund or another car in the same spec but because they would want to keep me as a customer, the latter option would be made more attractive. When it came down to it, the refund turned out to be the better option, so I took it.
I wondered if you had been offered a replacement QQ, if Nissan offer you money after a bad expirence it almost certainly means your going to move to an alternative provider.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Karlyndon65

Post by Karlyndon65 »

gvmdaddy wrote:I would suggest that the mpg issue is more likely related to your wifes driving style, either heavy footed or tootling along in totally the wrong gear, which can be easy to do as the motor is so quiet.
The 'revs being slow to drop' I would suggest is normal. It does the same in my 1.5dci. There will be e technical reason for it doing so, but I dont opknow what it is, ive no doubt someone will come along and oblige.
The rattle you are hearing has been discussed previously...it sounds like its a heat shield thats vibrating, not sure which one though, it'll just need tweeking a little.
Karlyndon65

Post by Karlyndon65 »

I have the same car , I can't understand why they are so heavy on petrol , my rev counter does the same , my engine is rattling again and uses lots of oil , it now sounds like a Renault 9 glt , 27 mpg or less in town and a maximum of 37 on long journeys , it has no torgue too move of and is hopeless on wet roads spinning it's wheels
switchback

Post by switchback »

Karlyndon65 wrote: it has no torgue too move of and is hopeless on wet roads spinning it's wheels
How can it not have any torque but is still able to spin the wheels?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Clearly the traction control is not working :twisted: :twisted:
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey