visible oil leak

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
samovar

Post by samovar »

My QQ went in for its 20k service a week ago. Apart from a rattle, steering wheel 'creak' and a check on the AC system (had dye put in 4 months ago) it had been good with little oil used over 9k miles. Was given updates to engine and radio software, rattle 'fixed', and steering wheel noise gone. Was told it needed a new condenser to be supplied under warranty. Its been very wet and then very cold so when I noticed small drip marks on the driveway 4 nights ago which seemed watery I was not worried, but the marks have got oilier and tonight it definitely seems like oil. It is coming from the drivers side, front, just below the mud flap (too dark here to see much else). What can it be?
1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium 2014 Ink Blue

switchback

Post by switchback »

Could be refrigerant leaking from the faulty condenser.........................although the condenser is right at the front of the car(in front of rad). It could be running from there along a hose perhaps?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
samovar

Post by samovar »

Thanks - I called into the dealer as I ws passing and they pointed out that it was rain and gunk from the sills round the wheel arch dripping off. Will keep an eye on it and a note to myself to give this area a good clean at the weekend....
1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium 2014 Ink Blue