Could a Semi-Truck faster paintings on any diesel engine like Cummins, power stroke, and many others...?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
KiaraRicherd

Post by KiaraRicherd »

Okay well my query is pretty a great deal precisely just like the title states, if I were to grab a Turbocharger of a Semi Truck engine is there besides in any respect that it'd be capable of paintings on a normal Diesel Engine inclusive of Cummins turbochargers, Power stroke, or Duramax engines in that magnificence. because i simply take place to have this guy I recognize that owns a small junkyard and he'll sell stuff to me virtually reasonably-priced and as luck might have it he just so takes place to have some Semi vehicles and Buses.
Now i realize that pretty much nothing that is diesel is like minded with fuel engine and i have actually no clue how absolutely everyone can be so stupid to even ask questions (which human beings do all of the time) that ask whether or no longer a sure diesel thing will paintings with their gasoline engine, imp no longer that dumb I recognize at the least that diesel works with diesel, but.... why this current predicament has me so pressured it that even as a Semi-Truck engine and a normal diesel engine like Cummins, power stroke, duramax, and so on... are each Diesel burning engines there is nonetheless some principal variations that stay among the 2.
the size distinction of the engines is the primary element that comes to thoughts, Semi Truck engines are almost constantly inside the 500+ cubic inch range and I’m not certain if that would come into play within the sense of whether or not it might paintings
next might be what i at least would suppose could be considered one of the largest issues, a lot of Semi vans also run Blowers (superchargers) as well as one or Turbochargers, that have to have something to do the compatibility i suggest it won't but it really seems like it might. i might assume the rapid might be configured otherwise so it might paintings higher on engines that had Blowers on them as well.
additionally, I am assuming that the actual faster itself is just constructed otherwise then ordinary turbos, I am referencing to ordinary diesel turbo's but nevertheless, i imply Semi Truck engines are simply configured so differently than maximum engines, wouldn't it seem probable there would be a difference, maybe now not perhaps they may paintings ideal I don’t understand. however, Semi Truck engine are commonly jogging from 10-15 hours at a time so the components in them are normally constructed to be a little extra long lasting
And what i have now not even the primary clue approximately at all, is how they run the oil to the turbo to keep it lubricated, like a regular turbo you generally just drill a hole into your oil pan and fix a line from the hole to the turbo, however I don’t have the foggiest idea what Semi's do.
So any records in any respect that every person has as to whether or not it might work to adapt a Semi Truck rapid to a normal Diesel engine like the sort in choose-united states and what now not could be very helpful and much preferred.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Er what?
This is a forum for Nissan Qashqai users/ prospective owners.
Suggest you find a relevant forum elsewhere.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

Glad I didn't read it all, it would of been 10 minutes of my life I'd never get back!