New "D" parking bay surcharge in London for Diesel owners

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Scrapping Diesels May Cost London £515 ($643) Million over 2 Years
This looks great but the sums mentioned are not really going to go very far to buying a new vehicle whether Rich or Poor. In 2008 Berlin brought in New Emmision Regulations for driving in the City and the Audi Avant 1,9 Diesel we had, had no available Audi Cat Conversion so we had to sell it, naturally we lost a lot and that is when we joined Nissan and bought a Note - Dave :)

http://bloom.bg/2kz5jFL
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I read this article this morning and was a little surprised to say the least. All of the Headlines when the emmission problem arised were directed at VW but take a look at the Graph and the position of VW and Renault / Nissan - Dave :shock:

http://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/article ... dly-diesel
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

So Khan will be charging some diesel drivers an extra £10.00 for entry on top of £11.50 Congestion Charge:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indus ... art-autumn
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
RVW

Post by RVW »

Well thats a very good reason not to go and spend my hard won cash in London
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

I have just changed my 1.6 cvt for a 1.2 cvt because I could see what was happing .
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Over the last few days there has been a load of Press here regarding Stuttgart and its Pollution problems which appears to be that in 2018 only Euro 6 Diesels will be allowed into the City and occasionally older models. After reading this article it mentioned London and here is that article - Dave ;)

http://www.dw.com/en/stuttgart-to-occas ... a-37655128

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... duced.html
RVW

Post by RVW »

All this TREE HUGGING is very admirable and I for one support clean air. BUT until they come up with an electric car capable of approx 600 mile duration, able to tow a caravan/ trailer/ has sufficient charge points to be able to travel where and when you want/and probably more important --- have enough power generation to be able to charge all of these electric vehicles and homes and business etc, I will be sticking to my Current mode of transport.

If they want to reduce nox emissions then put some effort into developing an add on filter for people to fit.

End of rant.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I totally agree with RVW's point...."If they want to reduce nox emissions then put some effort into developing an add on filter for people to fit".
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Well said RVW my thought exactly.
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan
RVW

Post by RVW »

The PLOT thickens

Drivers should “think long and hard” before buying a diesel car and instead consider purchasing a low-emission vehicle, the transport secretary has said, as the government considers a strategy to tackle air pollution.
Chris Grayling’s intervention took place as the Guardian revealed that tens of thousands of London’s children were attending schools in areas with levels of toxic air in breach of EU legal limits. The minister also said the government had a legal duty to cut emissions of nitrogen oxide from diesel cars, which account for four in 10 vehicles on British roads, after a high court ruling in November ordered the authorities to reduce levels of the toxic fume in the “shortest possible time”.
Speaking to Saturday’s Daily Mail, he said: “People should take a long, hard think about what they need, about where they’re going to be driving and should make best endeavours to buy the least polluting vehicle they can.
“I don’t think diesel is going to disappear but someone who is buying a car to drive around a busy city may think about buying a low-emission vehicle rather than a diesel.”
Sadiq Khan: government must pay drivers £3,500 to scrap diesel cars
Read more
No 10 is also understood to be considering a scrappage scheme for diesel cars that would see drivers offered a cash incentive for replacing an old diesel car with a low-emission alternative in a bid to improve the country’s air quality.
It is expected to publish an official strategy in the coming weeks.
Last week London’s mayor, Sadiq Khan, announced plans to introduce a £10-a-day “toxicity charge” on older, polluting cars entering central London on weekdays from October this year. Speaking about the forthcoming T-charge, Khan said: “It’s staggering that we live in a city where the air is so toxic that many of our children are growing up with lung problems. If we don’t make drastic changes now we won’t be protecting the health of our families in the future.”
Concerns over the impact of diesel cars on nitrogen oxide levels were highlighted during the Volkswagen emissions scandal in September 2015 after it emerged that 11m of the German car giant’s diesel vehicles had been fitted with software to release fewer smog-causing pollutants during tests compared to real-world driving conditions.
A government report published in April 2016 showed that diesel cars being sold in the UK emit an average of six times more nitrogen oxide in real-world driving conditions than the legal limit used in official tests. The Department for Transport investigation found all of the 37 top-selling diesel cars tested exceed the legal limit required for laboratory tests when driven for 90 minutes on normal roads. Ministers insisted no laws had been broken by the manufacturers as cars are only required to meet the lab test regulations. Analysis by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs found that nitrogen oxide is estimated to be responsible for 23,500 deaths in the UK each year while the Royal College of Physicians and of Paediatrics and Child Health warned last year that the figure was closer to 40,000.
For the best of the Guardian