2023 J12 Tekna Battery isolation

ICE, Equipment, Options
MikeBs
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeBs »

Hi everyone,
Just got the car a couple of weeks ago and very happy with it.
I am going to fit a tow bar soon and will need to disconnect the battery while I fit the OEM loom for the 7 pin electrics.
I have had other cars where disconnecting and reconnecting the battery comes with a procedure. Radio, window positions, WiFi and other bits have be redone.
Does the J12 have any of this, or will it be good to go after reconnecting?

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

what does it say in your owners manual ?
MikeBs

Post by MikeBs »

It says that the Stop/Start system may not operate for several minutes.
I was just after some advise from anyone had found any other issues or not after disconnecting and reconnecting a battery.
I now have a feel of how this forum reacts to questions.
Kind regards.
Dodo78

Post by Dodo78 »

I often disconnected the battery of the J12 without major problems. The seat moves back, the clock comes back in 12 hours.…
X-trail e-power 2023
MikeBs

Post by MikeBs »

Thanks Dodo,
My first thought was that disconnecting the battery was probably overkill for fitting the trailer lighting module. I would not expect the canbus to be monitoring the trailer lighting circuits when the ignition is off.
However with it being new and having never worked on a Nissan before, i was going to follow the instructions, but I was just after some advice from someone who had done this previously.
MikeBs

Post by MikeBs »

Just to close the loop on this.
Fitted the tow bar and 7 pin electrics not too difficult, took a couple of hours. The worst part was getting the carpet area in the back to fit snug again.
The only thing that needed setting back up after reconnecting the battery was the Alexa voice control which needed an internet connection.