GROUP BUY: QQ J11 (>2014) bonnet/hood strut kit

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

gvmdaddy wrote:I didnt get charged. Item arrived in a week or so, boxed in a canvas bag with a tamperproof seal on it.

OK - I'll give it a try, and will let you know if I too am successful!
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T

QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

gwmdaddy - who did you buy your kit from, as there seem to be 2 Russian sellers on eBay.

This one is I_store, and they have the kit at $51 here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAS-STRUT-BON ... SwnipWaYnw) but also have 3 negative ratings, including one which says "The gas struts do not have the force to hold up the hood. Total waste of money. GAS STRUT BONNET KIT for Nissan Qashqai (2014-) (#282028204447)"

and the other one is upory.ru, who have it at $54 here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252361845105? ... EBIDX%3AIT) who I think is the guy/company most folk on this site have bought from.

Nick
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The first one, I_store. No problems with the struts. Give the bonnet a gentle lift and the struts do the rest. Some people expect them to lift the bonnet by themselves from a closed position....they dont, but they will lift the bonnet once it is on its way. You only need 1 finger to accomplish this.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, funny thing is both these Ads state the same Manufacturer "AEngineering" and Type No. KU-NI-QK02-00 so in theory they should be OK. Your comment is correct on the opening just a slight Lift and then it goes alone - Great Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Do keep an eye on ebay and do a thorough search. I was extremely lucky with my bonnet struts, and found a private UK seller selling a genuine pair with a starting bid of £20. I held off with making a bid, thinking there would be a bidding war at the last minute, but there wasn't, and was over the moon when I won the struts for £20, bargain!! I was a little worried until the arrived, in case they were duds, but they are the bees knees, genuine, and the bonnet floats up like a dream! Good luck with your search.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

daddydoug wrote:Hi

Do keep an eye on ebay and do a thorough search. I was extremely lucky with my bonnet struts, and found a private UK seller selling a genuine pair with a starting bid of £20. I held off with making a bid, thinking there would be a bidding war at the last minute, but there wasn't, and was over the moon when I won the struts for £20, bargain!! I was a little worried until the arrived, in case they were duds, but they are the bees knees, genuine, and the bonnet floats up like a dream! Good luck with your search.

Doug

Ta - will do

Nick
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

OK - my offer of $46 was accepted by I_store, and with the $20 for p&p that equates to £54.69. Fingers crossed our Customs chums just let it straight through.....

Nick
AndreyBear

Post by AndreyBear »

Hi, Nick.
thank you. Will check to receive order of our partner. Another possibility to buy our kits since 2017, our official reresentative in Estonia, http://pneumatics.ee/eng/. Kits are in EU already (you should check availability at website), customs cleared, new nice package. But price is not the same as on pneumaticauto.ru and eBay, because all the costs are included accordingly.
Just a reminder. At pneumaticauto.com you can buy at 34 GBP + 18 GBP.
Last edited by AndreyBear on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Thanks Andrey - I look forward to receiving my kit!

Nick
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'm rather late to the party but just fitted a slightly used set of bonnet struts, courtesy of a forum user who's selling his QQ.

Dead simple installation (I have a socket set which made things straightforward). Works fine, but seems to stick slightly in the last quarter of travel upwards. Can the struts be lightly lubricated or are they truly a sealed unit? It really is only a minor thing but I was just curious.

For a back sufferer like me, they are a boon! :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic