GROUP BUY: QQ J11 (>2014) bonnet/hood strut kit

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Houndy, normally these Struts are Sealed units if they were made to be played around with like re-filling with oil there would be some form of inlet with a nipple or plugged hole. I believe the Struts from the Group Buy were from FENOX A901 024 464A that is what I have. I know when our Tailgate Struts started playing up last year (I kept getting headaches opened to slow :lol: ) the Dealer installed new. I did try using some Silicon Spray after cleaning the Rods but it did not improve as the internal Oil does that anyway.
I found that the initial opening was partially Manual and then the Struts would kick in to raise the Hood / Bonnet and then slow down, this I would think is to stop the Piston Ends being damaged due to fast movement. Over to You :D
Please find attached some facts that might help you - Dave ;)

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/gassprings.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks Dave. I suspected they weren't serviceable units, just wondered whether a bit of silicone spray might creep in and help things.... guess not. When the weather's drier (damp may be a contributory factor) I'll double check that everything is perfectly in line.

Now, what can I add to the car next? :lol:
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, just a couple of points, they are second hand is there a chance the Rods are bent ?, if you read Andrey's New PDF doc it states as the original instructions to place the Rod on the floor and compress the cylinder a few times. This is possibly because the Piston Rod is fully extended and bottomed out and when it is compressed there is some pressure behind the Rod End Cap which naturally shortens the length a little - Give it a Try Dave :)

When the weather is cold the movement is slower- oil thickens !
Houndie start reading "Search" if you need new ides on what to do next you should not be short of ideas :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
AndreyBear

Post by AndreyBear »

Hound wrote:I'm rather late to the party but just fitted a slightly used set of bonnet struts, courtesy of a forum user who's selling his QQ.

Dead simple installation (I have a socket set which made things straightforward). Works fine, but seems to stick slightly in the last quarter of travel upwards. Can the struts be lightly lubricated or are they truly a sealed unit? It really is only a minor thing but I was just curious.

For a back sufferer like me, they are a boon! :)
Hi! Does it stop to open in the last quarter, or it opens but slowly?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Dave, from their appearance and their careful packing, I've no reason to believe the struts were damaged in any way.

Andrey, the bonnet (hood) goes up with the usual pneumatic "wheeze" until the final quarter where it continues at a decreased rate (which makes sense) but noisier - I would go so far as to say one sounds gritty. Yet both are silent when closing the bonnet.

For the amount of time I plan to spend opening and closing the bonnet, however, I don't think it's a major issue! ;)
AndreyBear

Post by AndreyBear »

Ok, I understand you. As for speed, yes, they work as supposed to, slowing down the speed, to not give the bonnet to shake at final stage of opening.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Thanks Andrey! ;)
AndreyBear

Post by AndreyBear »

Dear all,
PNEUMATIC gas bonnet struts producer wants to celebrate Qashqai's 10 years presence on the market. Sale will start on http://stores.ebay.com/upory/_i.html?rt ... 513&_pgn=2 today in the evening
Welcome!
AndreyBear

Post by AndreyBear »

Now at this Easter week we have new sale. 20% off. at ebay store only.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I wonder if 2017 upgrade model will have any form of automated/ semi automated trunk closing.?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D