SOLD: WINDOWS CLOSING KIT for New QASHQAI J11

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
duncho

Post by duncho »

I'm selling Qashqai J11 windows closing kit for £80,- plus shipping. Easy plug & play installation. Demonstration video: https://youtu.be/8-HyLtcybN0
The reason of sale, I'm working on more sophisticated version which will also open windows.

I only add that so far no one produce and sell windows closing kits for new Qashqai.
If anyone interested, PM me.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by duncho on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Dan, I know you are a bit of a "Electronics Wizard" and it would appear you are well into the Developement Side and have a load of knowledge of the Electronics for the QQ. I have kept in touch with all your Developements but not added any the reason being as you well know the good old TÜV Guys here in Germany as they want paperwork and proof for everything.
I am aware that some of your developments are well hidden but have you ever looked into the Legal Side of adding your developements especially with regard to the Nissan Guarantee eg. adding non OEM Parts - Regards Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Dave. Do you remember times when mirrors were not folding on early new Qashqai versions and additional module had to be installed from Nissan? That was hard modification as there was necessary to hijack some wires in order to get power, lock and unlock signals etc. people here who did instal it by themselves were swearing how damn and unclear Nissan installation instructions are... I installed mine and I know what I'm talking about.

It is not long time ago, so people will remember that.

My mods do not hardly touch any components and as I know what I'm doing, all of them are very friendly and safe to the car, which however is proven by years using it (S/S module - 1 year, Windows closing kit - 2 years, DRL module - about 4 months).

Regarding TUV in Germany (as I live there), even hood struts could be questionable. But in detail to each my mod :)

S/S module - well how does this differ from upset driver who is anyhow pressing S/S button on each engine start to switch it off? Is he not complying with regulations? Based on EU regulation, S/S feature MUST allow driver to deactivate this. So what I did is only calm that upset driver and help him to push the button for him.
Also, if driver desides to have it as it came from the factory, he just turns it on with one click and S/S is active everytime engine is newly started. In addition, with simple press, S/S module can be completely deactivated without uninstall needed.

DRL module - starting from the end, I have friend of mine working for TUV and I showed him my mod. He advised me to get CE certification on this and sell it to Nissan dealers as important safety improving feature. He said "I don't get how Nissan could make such childish mistake and not dim DRL when all German makes do that". Summarising, this is improvement in regards to passengers safety and that was my purpose of building it as I drive most of the time with my little family.

Windows closing kit - cherry on top of the cake at very end. This is just plug&play solution that is connected to existing connectors and does not in any way modify Nissan design, only rise windows if forgotten to be closed when leaving the car. In my opinion this is safety feature as well, as no one will get in through window left open, or rain will not distroy your car interrior.

Sure, people can still argue against my comments, no doubt. What I sell, I initially did for me only, for my own need and my own safety. But as people were asking gathering how it works what it does and were interested in my mods, they started to ask for having my mod too, so I made some more. Now demand is rising and I had to do more. Obviously people have the same opinion as I. So I'm asking, what Nissan designers did when car was designed and these features (DRL dimming, windows closing) were not implemented?

Answer is simple. Because "INNOVATION THAT EXCITES" is just marketing slogan...
Last edited by duncho on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, thanks for a very clear explanation of your devices. I have nothing against these modifications especially when Safety is involved. Have you ever tried to Patent or Actually advise Nissan on your Designs or is it possible that this sort of modification is already part of the Nissan Package and exists for example for the US (Bells & Whistle) vehicles and for the EU they are just not an option - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, I hoped Nissan will fix DRL with update, which did not happen. Of course I asked Nissan numerous times, I also wanted to enforce this via road safety and vehicle type approval office when Nissan didn't care. No luck, therefore I had to get my hands dirty.

I don't know how about other Nissan vehicles, but QQ is not updated and most likely will never be with DRL fix. It's a shame as for them it is matter of just minor update of IPDM module.

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

From little red dot of Singapore ..we have a saying ..scared dun mod, mod dun scared ...we also have different opinions in Singapore on whether to change rims or bbk kit for improve road holding, safety etc. which leads to a more pressing question if warranty will be void cos non stock but who will pay for all these certification ?

What I love of Duncho's works is the choices provided and common sense prevails .. ..scared dun mod, mod dun scare ...

And yes, we ban retail of chewing gums, cane culprit of vandalism and shame litter bugs for repeated offence.

Cheers !!
RVW

Post by RVW »

duncho wrote:Dave, I hoped Nissan will fix DRL with update, which did not happen. Of course I asked Nissan numerous times, I also wanted to enforce this via road safety and vehicle type approval office when Nissan didn't care. No luck, therefore I had to get my hands dirty.

I don't know how about other Nissan vehicles, but QQ is not updated and most likely will never be with DRL fix. It's a shame as for them it is matter of just minor update of IPDM module.

Any update on when your modules will be available?
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I bought this auto window closing kit and it would have been easy to fit if Nissan hadn't changed the colour of the wires in the loom but duncho was very patient and helpful.
It works well and I don't have to worry about whether a window is still open when I lock the car now.
Most of it was plugged between the sockets on the window switches but one wire had to be soldered to the wire which gives a 12v pulse when the car is locked. This was grey for duncho but one of the many black wires in my loom so I had to work my way through them.

J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Installed mine as well. Works great! :)

Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
nealb
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by nealb »

How do you order this?