stop start system fault

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: stop start system fault

Post by Gel » Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Not sure if I'd want a Kwik Fit fitter accessing my QQ's ECU; at least we know a Nissan dealer will have the correct kit, and if they foul it up, will know how to rectify.
If you buy a non Nissan Stop/ Start battery I'd suggest doing it just prior to your next service at the Dealer- hopefully they'd do then at no extra £cost£.

I assume if an RAC guy replaces under warranty they have ability to recode too.

This post on a Beemer forum gives more info:
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86665
J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna; Chrome Pack, Bonnet Struts, Flaps, Blue Alloygators, SpeedLock,Door & Tailgate Sill guards/Decent horns/ Autoglym Lifeshine /19" Wheels

Golfsrevis
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Golfsrevis » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:29 pm

My car wouldn’t start 1.5 dci tekna,jumped it from another car started first time,wife went out following day started ok, picked up granddaughter from school went to start it and click click click flash flash flash ,wouldn’t start .called Nissan as car is only 15 months old,Rac called out and plugged in ,dead cell on battery,Rac man said Nissan have supplied them with 1000s of new updated batteries to fit to less than three year old Qashqais under warranty.
So don’t buy one out of your own pocket call Nissan
The engineer also clears codes and most importantly tells the ecu it’s had a new battery fitted.
Cheers Nigel

eytch

Post by eytch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 am

Thanks Nigel. I already bought one and mine is 2013 so I guess not covered by the warranty anymore

Return to “General”