Roof Bars for Panoramic Roof Qashqai?

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
BenX
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by BenX »

Hi,

Been around the houses on this one. Trying to get roof bars for Qashqai (Acenta model with no rails and has a panoramic roof). This has proved to be a nightmare with places like Halfords offering options (thule, exodus) that don't actually fit the car, and the dealer saying there are no suitable options for panoramic roofs (being very cautious with their advice for obvious reasons). The max weight associated with my car roof is 75kg (another guy said it was 60kg) but I do need that 75kg roof bar system. Does anyone know the best option to install these or what is the best (or correct) set of bars to buy?

Any advice appreciated as I may need to sell the car if I don't find a solution. As I like the car, crazily I would just switch it up for a version without the glass roof, which seems a bit extreme and bizarre that I would have to do that. Surely there must be a workable solution?

Thanks!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Benx, welcome to the Forum. Please take a look at this old post (comments also Accents related) which has a few other posts included. Or just enter “Roof Bars” or similiar in the “Search Area” as there are more there - hope this is of help Dave 🤨

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9905
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Your solution is that you need the roof rails first before you can fit ordinary roof bars.

I believe that In theory there shouldn't be a problem fitting genuine Nissan roof bars - but they'd be costly if bought new. eBay has some used ones of course but you might then need fittings

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-2017-MK ... 4236437581

However I've found these aftermarket which are reasonable:

Amazon

No weight limit shown but they potentially are 75kg if similar to the Nissan ones.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)