Few problems

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Redcap86
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Redcap86 »

hi all, new to the forum, been scouring for the last few days searching the forums but can't seem to find the solutions.
Apologies if these have been answered before but any help even being pointed in the right direction would be a massive help.

Had my 1.5 dci pre facelift QQ n-tec about a month.

Just got couple of issues that have come to light.

Firstly my passenger rear window won't go down by the controls on the drivers window controls.
When the window is down though the drivers controls will close it.

The second and 3rd issues I think are linked.
The ac is not working, when I got the car it was working fine and was for about 3 weeks then one day stopped. Garage regassed it (apparently) before they sold it to me.

The other issue is the outside temperature some days it will drop to -20 then gradually raise back up whilst driving, changed the temp sensor for a new one but still having the issue.

I think the ambient temp sensor issue may be affecting the ac.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced any of these problems.

Thank you all in advance

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

For the A/C. If Auto is selected ...switch it off so that it is in Manual mode...what happens? Is the Blower Fan running ok. Is heating working with Temp turned up?

The outside air temp (OAT) sensor is upfront on the engine radiator and an intake sensor is in the cabin... which did you change? The OAT sensor is fed by 5 volts...measure that if you can.

Is this the original fault: • No cold air comes out. (Air flow volume is normal)

The Pax window control appears to be the Pax door switch problem where the drivers side controls it ok.
Last edited by calnorth on Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Redcap86

Post by Redcap86 »

Hi calnorth, thanks for the above.

A/C with auto off still doesn't produce cold air, heating works fine and the blower seems just as powerful.

The OAT was replaced at the front by the radiator and the new one seemed to be fine for a week or so. I'll get a multimeter on it and see what the voltage is being provided.

Yeah the original fault would be No cold air comes out. (Air flow volume is normal I suppose.

Regarding the PAX control I'll see about getting the driver control unit out and check the connections on the switch otherwise see if I can find one on ebay.

Thank you again.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Redcap86 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:04 am Hi calnorth, thanks for the above.

A/C with auto off still doesn't produce cold air, heating works fine and the blower seems just as powerful.

The OAT was replaced at the front by the radiator and the new one seemed to be fine for a week or so. I'll get a multimeter on it and see what the voltage is being provided.

Yeah the original fault would be No cold air comes out. (Air flow volume is normal I suppose.

Regarding the PAX control I'll see about getting the driver control unit out and check the connections on the switch otherwise see if I can find one on ebay.

Thank you again.

Its the PAX door control switch I'd say...take it out and and test it.

The 5v to the OAT sensor comes from the A/C system Auto Amp which is the main A/C control module we know little about. Another Black Box. Furthest you can go is OAT change and wiring/plug + socket checks.

The sensor is Temperature sensitive (PTC I think?) so with a meter across it and fingers holding the sensor you may see a voltage change? Something like that.

When the OAT Temp indicator rises as you drive/use the car. Does the A/C cold air begin to show up?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Redcap86

Post by Redcap86 »

As the OAT rises ac still doesnt come on at all.

Thinking if I get a regas at least I know it won't be because of that and elimates 1 possibility
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

The AC could be a failed condenser - very common fault.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Redcap86

Post by Redcap86 »

Hi Gloucester thanks for the welcome.

I really hope it is something simple and not the condenser.

Think ill get a leak check and regas and see what happens from there
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Redcap86 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:14 pm Hi Gloucester thanks for the welcome.

I really hope it is something simple and not the condenser.

Think ill get a leak check and regas and see what happens from there
Refrigerant is a possibility...does the clutch on the Compressor engage when low Temp selected? The reading of -20C is a concern because that feeds the decision making module (Auto Amp) in controlling the A/C. So does the internal sensor at the Evaporator. The -20C would seem to command the A/C OFF in that environmentally its too cold to need A/C ON.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Redcap86

Post by Redcap86 »

I can hear the clutch on the compressor engage when hitting AC button.

I'm gonna have to try and trace the OAT sensor back and see where everything is connected to at the weekend and get the multi meter on all wires.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Redcap86 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:18 pm I can hear the clutch on the compressor engage when hitting AC button.

I'm gonna have to try and trace the OAT sensor back and see where everything is connected to at the weekend and get the multi meter on all wires.
The A/C cold side goes to the cabin Evaporator...see if the pipes there are cold when A/C running.

The OAT wires into the Auto Amp Module inside the A/C unit I think..or near it? Likely awkward.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta