Quashqui +2. 2012 1.6dci teknia coolant and how to help please.

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Deano85
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Deano85 »

Hi all,
I know there are posts similar to what I’m asking but they are not not quite the same model as mine etc..

Basically my coolant is getting low so I thought I would top it up. Opened the res, and the coolant looks Greenish maybe blue, but the parts place I went to buy coolant from told me I should be using Red G12+ according to there system. so I called the local Nissan dealership and they told me I need Red G30 long life? Checked the user manual it doesn’t say a colour so called back the dealership who again confirmed Red G30 but this time saying any red long life would do. Called a second Nissan dealership out of my area and they told me genuine Nissan L248 or L255? But No colour to ID it, but told me through the bottle it looked green.
So I don’t know and I’m thinking maybe I’ll do a complete drain, flush and refill.using G30 red. So I purchased comma G30 concentrate and deionised water to mix it but I’m still seeing threads and people saying all different things about what colour and coolant to use from green to blue to red..

Q1, can I use G30 or G12 once a complete flush has been done.
Q2, are G12+ and G30 the same and mixable to top up?
Q3, anyone have any service diagrams or pictures to help me identify the pipes etc to do the job. The only one I’ve found on here was fr a j11 and that was different to my engine bay.

Any other info or pointers appreciated.

Can anyone help with a link/ pictures and steps to get this job done and also confirm what coolant to use..

I have a 2012 quashqui+2 1.6dci teknia
Ta
Last edited by Deano85 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

https://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk ... 03dd&_ss=r

https://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk ... 03dd&_ss=r

hope these 2 links help you with the colour L248 is the green colour what you have in your car allready
Deano85

Post by Deano85 »

Righ.. I started the job,
1, removed bottom rad pipe, could find a drain plug..
2, removed res cap
3, removed air release pipe ( couldn’t find a air release for top of rad.
4, removed heater pipe.
5, Let the Green coolant removed
Flushed clean water through until it ran clear then did all steps reversed whilst continueing to flush through...
Once all pipes and caps refitted filled with water and ran the engine up to temp. Cooled back down then repeated all steps2 more times..
Then did a 3rd time using deionised water..
I’m now waiting for it to cool again..

Q, I’m not getting 8l of water/ coolant drain Ed each time.. I’m using less then 4 litres to top up each cycle?

Am I doing something wronge? Ow do I know the system is bled properly?
The system is
Deano85

Post by Deano85 »

Righ.. I started the job,
1, removed bottom rad pipe, couldnt find a drain plug..
2, removed res cap
3, removed air release pipe ( couldn’t find a air release for top of rad.
4, removed heater pipe.
5, Let the Green coolant removed
Flushed clean water through until it ran clear then did all steps reversed whilst continueing to flush through...
Once all pipes and caps refitted filled with water and ran the engine up to temp. Cooled back down then repeated all steps2 more times..
Then did a 3rd time using deionised water..
I’m now waiting for it to cool again..

Q, I’m not getting 8l of water/ coolant drain Ed each time.. I’m using less then 4 litres to top up each cycle?

Am I doing something wronge? Ow do I know the system is bled properly?
The system is