General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Alex

Post by Alex »

Soon after the delivery of my Qashqai
I will be taking it to France. Having heard about not being allowed
GPS's with speed camera information and needing a breathalyser I
decided to do some research. I found out that although it a
requirement to have a breathalyser there is no fine, but for a speed
camera aware GPS there is a 1500 Euro fine.

What I couldn't find out was whether
you can adjust the headlights on the 360 Qashqai, without sticking
plastic to them. By adjust I mean increase the dip or decrease
the light leakage on the right, so they wouldn't dazzle oncoming
left hand side drivers.

Alex2013-06-24 13:29:54

tim17

Post by tim17 »

I took delivery of a new +2 recently and it has a facility to turn off the POI which would include speed camera locations.To be honest the police would struggle to know whether your GPS POI is active or not so I wouldn't worry to much.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thanks Tim, do you know if you can increase the dip of the head lights, I want to avoid sticking on those plastic lenses.
Qash2012

Post by Qash2012 »

Hi Alex,I posted earlier about the headlights. You can set it high or low with the button on the left most side Under the steering Wheel. Just roll it up or down to your liking. Hope it helps you. Cheers :-)
Qash2012
Qash2012

Post by Qash2012 »

Driving in France has been such a challenge for me so far. Paris in particular. There are just too many RULES! hahaha! first thing that stuck me was the vast amount of stop lights, there is one too many all over Paris. No Wonder traffic is awful in the city. Parking is such a pain. And dont bother driving a ferrari coz you cant enjoy all that power Under the Hood. Speed is such an issue!!! That said, hopefully i get used to the Learning curves with minimal violations as possible :-) cheers :-)
Qash2012
Dan

Post by Dan »

Paris is the worst place I have ever driven! We once got stuck in a traffic jam for over four hours, I'll never drive through that city again!