Help new owner

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
TheBeast

Post by TheBeast »

I have a 1.5 diesel 10 reg ntec and wanted to know a couple of things that i cant seem to find the answer to

Ok on the dash where it has my miles what does the little A and B mean and if i press trip it switches from a to b and so on but it doesnt look like it actually changes anything to the eye,

Also can i get my dash to show how many miles i have in fuel left? If so how?

And do i have to trip the dashboard as i currently go about town and get 35.7 but i dont know if this is good or not
Doing a trip from middlesbrough to leeds tomorroe so will see if this changes on a longer run

Can anyone give me some good basic info on my car that i might need to know
Only had it just over a week and imagine i dont know the half of what things are etc

Also what does the gauge with the little diamon in mean and why does it move all the time
What does it all mean
Never had a nissan or a diesel before
My last car was a mk 4 2005 astra 1.4 petrol so noticing the difference in fuel already
I have been reading alot of posts but havent seems to find my specific questions tried googling to no avail
Thanks in advance

VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

You may have already found the answers to your questions. But still I will try to answer.[quote="TheBeast"]]Ok on the dash where it has my miles what does the little A and B mean and if i press trip it switches from a to b and so on but it doesnt look like it actually changes anything to the eye[/QUOTE]]Little A and B denote two counter. They believe whatever mileage. Each of its points. You can put a point of reference (resetting) Mode A and Mode B. To put a reference point, press and hold the switch. If you hold the Mode A, the first counter is established. If the mode B, the second. These counters operate independently for your convenience.[quote="TheBeast"]]Also can i get my dash to show how many miles i have in fuel left? If so how?[/QUOTE]]The number of miles you can see by switching the button "i" on the steering wheel.[quote="TheBeast"]]And do i have to trip the dashboard as i currently go about town and get 35.7 but i dont know if this is good or not[/QUOTE]]35.7 mpg in the town?To know is good or not it is necessary to answer the following questions.Whether the air conditioner is turned on? How many passengers are traveling with you?How many miles were passing per trip (from warm-up to warm-up the engine) ?And, most importantly, what style of driving: active or relaxing?All of these factors affect fuel consumption.[quote="TheBeast"]]Doing a trip from middlesbrough to leeds tomorroe so will see if this changes on a longer run[/QUOTE]]Before the trip, it would be interesting to reset the counter flow of fuel. This is done by pressing and holding down and buttons on the steering wheel.If you have any questions - please ask. If I can - I'll try to answer.
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT