Engine fault codes

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
newportneil

Post by newportneil »

Have had 09 reg 1.5diesel for 4 monthes. Only 20K on the clock. When key is turned I'm getting a 141 code appearing. It only appears when the engine is started. Does anyone know what this means?

Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi and welcome to the site.Does the immobiliser light stay on do you know? I'm reading on other Nissan models that the fault code is usually down to the Nissan Anti Theft System (NATS) but I've not seen it on the QashQai before.
newportneil

Post by newportneil »

Thanks for that Dan,Immobiliser light goes off, but since posting message yesterday, suspect instruments have gone a bit crazy. Now have different fault every time engine is started. Favourites include 145, 168 and 176! Booked in with main dealer who says the codes are service warnings - what ever that means.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Oh well good luck with the dealer - if they know what the codes are then hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. Post back on here though to let us know how you got on.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

you would be better to read the codes with an OBD reader and then look them up on the web ..they usually start P0... but you can spend money at the dealer if you want ...
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

all the fault codes and how to fault find them are in the manual quoted above at only £2.97