no power

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
blenky

Post by blenky »

I have a 2011 1.5dci which has had problems from new relating to the fuel economy and lack of power Nissan have updated software to resolve the poor fuel economy but after 18months of complaining will not acknowledge my loss of power stating it is a" function and characteristic of the car"This car will not accelerate in 2nd gear when the accelerator is depressed but eventually kicks in Any ideas !!!! Please help as nissan won't
blenky

blenky

Post by blenky »

further to my entry above I have found on the site an issue relating to 1.5 diesel "Flat spot" posted in April however site does not let me post reply. It would appear several owners are experiencing this issue Mine has been case logged with Nissan for 18months but after there latest test carried out their technician has reported it is a function and characteristic of the car .....I believe it is a fault and dangerous My fight is still ongoing but Nissan (Lee Thornley) continues to fob me off
blenky
Dan

Post by Dan »

I've read other posts that suggests a flat spot / hesitation / turbo lag type feeling. They seem to suggest that a software update cures it. Appears to be a common issue though like you say. Press Nissan more or go to Auto Express?
Helenptp

Post by Helenptp »

I picked up a new Leased 1.6 petrol car in November 2012 and am experiencing extreme loss of power on steep gradients, having to go down to Gear 1. This happened on several occasions with a light load being carried, i.e., no people or baggage etc. I have also had people comment that it sounds like a diesel car, which it does. This is all a bit worrying. On the motorway when I first had it, it was doing about 43 mpg, but it has gone down to 40 - 41 mpg.