Steering wheel -> creaking sound

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Thanks Dave, I could not find the previous owners original comments, but remember him saying it was due to have something done on the Shocks. That's very helpful.

Malcolm18

Post by Malcolm18 »

Squeaking noise on steering check bush at lower end of steering column inside car got mine lubricated stopped the noise
Biggsmig

Post by Biggsmig »

:oops: Well. 2 days on from having my steering wheel greased and...............it's noisier than ever. Getting Fed up now!! :arrow:
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As I mentioned ours is still no problem. Why don't you take a copy of the Assembly / Sketch and Part No. I posted and stick the facts in the Dealers face and ask for a comment or push / phone NCS. Our Dealer never ever mentioned greasing just that there was a modified part so surely the Dealers are informed - Give it a try Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

I've dove a exactly the as Dave suggests and shoved by email into Sandicliffes lap on Wed, I am waiting for an up date. Take snap shit of Dave comments and illustration and send it to them. I think they kind of need spoon feeding. Mike
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Excuse my typing on my iPhone, key pad is too small
Biggsmig

Post by Biggsmig »

I told them about the many reported problems and the identified fix. They insisted that nissan have said grease it first to see if that works. Rang them this morning but you just can't get to talk to the service desk. Am waiting for a call back but not holding my breath. It really is like pulling teeth. Have complained to nissan before so will do so again. At least you usually get a reply from them.....but again you can never speak on the phone
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Biggsmig, I had contact with NCS for our Juke and questions on the QQ before I bought it. I put the questions in writing and you normally get a Nissan Ref. number and an email back with a contact person / Tel. Nr. and on each occasion I have spoken to a Nissan person. I have even phoned from Germany to the U.K. and spoke to Nissan, so it can be done. With the QQ all our faults have been dealt with by our Dealer through NCS so no involvement personally - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

I've involved Nissan too.
Malcolm18

Post by Malcolm18 »

Steering wheel creaking sound have got my Qashqai back yesterday lubricating the lower column bush seems to have rectified the problem interested to see how long it lasts the air con condenser has been replaced and the system re-gassed with no expense to me only a heated argument initially if the steering column bush has been lubricated and not improved it would suggest the bush has worn and requires replacing stand your ground threaten them with customer services using the service managers phone at the dealers premises so he can negotiate with them in your prescence that seems to stir them into action