Oil Leak 1.6dci new

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
bbr

Post by bbr »

Hi, hope someone can help with this.I am looking to buy a second hand Qashqai+2 1.6dci 360.I have found a 63 plate with 5000 miles but on inspection of engine bay I have found a splattering of oil after the air intake box, rest of engine bay is immaculate as would be expected with a car of 5000 miles and 4 months old.I have taken some pictures and a few videos, is it a serious problem? I am told it is just a seal that has not been fitted properly and can be easily fixed.http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/mbbx/ ... peakers/QQ
bbr2013-12-25 02:35:15

SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

[quote="bbr"]I am told it is just a seal that has not been fitted properly and can be easily fixed.
[/QUOTE]
then the seller won't mind getting it fixed FOC before you buy it...Merry Christmas!
Qash2012

Post by Qash2012 »

Hello Bbr, yeah I agree with sneaky elephant. If it's that simple then they wouldn't mind havin it fixed. But then again if the car is relatively new, i Wonder why it has that problem already. Personally, when i'm in doubt i do not engage on it. but that is me. Hopinf for the best for you. Good luck.Cheers :-)
Qash2012
bbr

Post by bbr »

HiI have found another to buy, £1500 cheaper and very similar millage, difference is it is in white. I test drove this one and even feel the one with the oil leak was down on power, maybe it was something more.But thanks for advise.