Limp Mode problem

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Andy63

Post by Andy63 »

HelloMy 2010 Qashqai 1.5 DCi Visia has gone into limp mode 3 times in past week on motorway after 1-2 hours driving. Engine and oil warning lights come on. Car makes terrible racket in low gear slowing down to stop. First time problem cleared itself. Second time breakdown service cleared fault codes - C1131 and C1132 - but one hour later problem reoccurred. Took car to Nissan dealer next day and they did diagnostic and cleared fault codes; but said there could be an underlying problem (fuel injection?) which would require further investigation. Test drove the car on motorway for 2 hours today with no sign of any problem. Should I just carry on using the car and see if the fault reoccurs or take it back to the dealer for further investigation? I don't want to damage engine (or get stuck on motorway with 2 young kids ). Has anyone experienced a similar fault?Andy

Ify

Post by Ify »

Hello, I have had
4 scary " limp mode" experiences with
my Qashqai its a few
months old with about 6000km on it . the first one happened about a week an
half ago while I was driving to a town
about 2 hours away from where I live a€“ the car seemed fine until the last 30 minutes
of the journey when it just suddenly loosing acceleration and I kept stepping on the accelerator but the car just won't budge . I finally
turned off the engine waited a few minutes.
I turned on the engine and it started thankfully but was an uphill task
to get to my destination as I had to
keep truing off the engine for a few minutes at a time . Oh well finally made
it , I left the car parked for two days
was a bit scared to take it back on the high way to cut the long story short a€“ I finally
managed to drive it back to base and straight to the dealers who found no fault
as they said and kind of made it sound like I was a bit off . I went for a so-called
test drive that evening within town and the drive seemed a bit smoother . I also told the technician the same thing but also mentioned to him that the real test
drive will be on the next journey which
is 3 hours from base . well your guess
is as good as mine after the first hour on journey 2 it was back to loosing acceleration, stopping and starting the engine for the rest of the
trip which took about 6 hours very very frustrating a€“ I kept calling the
dealers until my phone battery finally died. The car was parked for another day
and a half and then the dreaded moment to drive the car back to base a€“as you properly
already guessed It was yet another terrible experience heighted by the fact
that a truck narrowly missed crushing me probably to death after the near mishap I parked the
car for about 20mins to catch my breath
and then continued on the yet another long journey to my destination . I
am fed up at this point and these dealers keep saying they find no fault a€“ this is just
crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The car is still with the dealer ( the
near death experience only happened yesterday) who have now said the next test
drive will last about 2hours . I don't want the car back for real! I really
miss my old car . This is too much hassle for a new car L .

Ify
Qash2012

Post by Qash2012 »

Hello Ify,Indeed that is a terrible experience for you. What year & Model is your QQ by any chance? I also bought mine relatively new. I sure hope i wouldn't have the same experience as yours. Good luck to you.Cheers :-)
Qash2012