HEADLIGHTS

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
cindygirl

Post by cindygirl »

We bought a 2012 QQ NTec just over 3 weeks as we wanted a bigger more comfortable car for regular journeys down to Surrey having suffered constant backaches when driving our VX Corsa(which we had new in 2011). So far we love the QQ - lovely to drive and confortable but one problem we have become aware of is the very poor dipped and mainbeam! We had become used to being constantly 'flashed' by oncoming drivers when in the Corsa- when the dipped beam was on which was annoying because, obviously they were dipped and there was nothing I could do but have found that on the few 'night, journeys we have done so far in the QQ (especially around our way, lots of narrow unlit lanes etc) that even on main beam it does not seem to project enough light to the road ahead. It may be that we had been so used to the Corsa lights being more powerful (even on dipped!) but is there anything was can do to improve this on the QQ - any help to novice QQ owner would be appreciated!

Qash2012

Post by Qash2012 »

Hello Cindygirl, I have the same concern. Yet like you, I'm still in the getting to know you stage on my Qash. I've had him for 3 weeks only & i'm still trying to figure him out. If I may suggest though, you can try using the fog lamps. Maybe that will help do the trick. Cheers :-)
Qash2012
cindygirl

Post by cindygirl »

Hi Qash 2012 - thanks for your response - good to know its not just something on our QQ but maybe a general problem/fault??We did think of using the front fog lights the other night but have been a passenger in a car using fog lights(not a QQ) when not foggy and driver was stopped by police and given warning that it was actually an offence to use in 'clear' conditions!!! Have checked this and is correct but also that it is rarely enforced. Having said that, I could have used them the other night when driving down the dark lanes and will try this next time - but wish there was something more could be done/adjusted on the QQ to give better headlights and will be popping to the local Nissan dealer to check this out! Will update if any success.
Qash2012

Post by Qash2012 »

Hi Cindygirl, Just earlier i was nibbling at a button on the left most side Under the steering Wheel & found out it was a height adjustment for the headlights. Roll it all the way up so your lights will go further up & go further distance. Then click the high beam if need be. That did the trick for me. Hope it does to yours as well. Cheers :-)
Qash2012