Heater issue

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
andys

Post by andys »

Just purchased an 2011 1.5dci n tec and the first thing I noticed on driving home was how poor the heater was.
Car temp appeared fine and warmed up quickly but heat output was poor at best.
Anyone else experienced this or is it me being a bit of a girl.andys2015-02-01 00:14:24

kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

I've had a 2010 n-tec & have a 2013 360 both 1.5s & no probs with heaters, maybe an airlock in the heating system, could have been drained & filled with new antifreeze for winter & not fully bled, just a possibility though - you may just be a bit of a girlHow long was your journey its certainly no the quickest car to circulate the heat but thats common in a deisel.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
andys

Post by andys »

Hi
Journey took 40 mins so engine was warm.Temp gauge was around middle position.Just seemed to blow luke warm air, more like a draft than a heater.
Cheers.
andys

Post by andys »

Been out today and after 30 mins pulled over and lifted bonnet, checked heater hoses, both seemed to me hot so not sure now if it's a problem with the heater matrix but something is definitely wrong as it's just not getting hot at all.
Any advise greatly appreciated.
Valleyboy22
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Valleyboy22 »

any joy in this please, because i have the same problem.
mazzdiver
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by mazzdiver »

Not sure if this thread is still active , but i have a 2012 qashqai 1. 5 DTI . Ive had the car for two years and have been battling a poor car heater. To date, i've replaced the heater matrix and the PTZ electric addition , all with no improvement . This week i decided to investigate further , tested supply to electric heater, no power there, checked fuses , all ok, not sure where the relay hides away but whilst trawling the internet i found a useful site that explains that the PTZ supply is actually controlled by the Ambient tempreature sensor, depending on the outside tempreature , the computer decides to switch on one ,two or three banks of heater . It also stated that even if the temp was showing on the display, the only way to test it was to disconnect the sensor, the comp defaults to -22 degrees . Tried this ,and initially i wasn't getting any heat, couple of minutes air was slightly warmer, then on a run to Manchester Warm air, not blasting out but more than comfortable , Result, I've ordered a new sensor £14 off ebay, and i'll play with the relays, does anybody know where they are hiding as the diagrams and photos dont match my fusebox under the bonnet , Hope this helps readers.