Electric Headlamp adjustment

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
MrWrighty

Post by MrWrighty »

Just picked up a 59 plate acenta in cafe latte, first foray into SUV territory. Just found a strange issue in that the electic headlamp adjustment is reversed. Couple of oncoming cars flashed me but headlamp where dipped and headlamp adjustment set to zero, turns out that is the high position setting a higher number lowers the beam which is the reverse if the manual and means I can only adjust the headlamp beam up when fully loaded which of coarse is wrong.

Any thoughts anyone

MrWrighty

Post by MrWrighty »

Further comment that after reading the manual, the adjustment works corectly i.e zero normal driving and the higher the number the lower the beam, so I guessing that the headlamp are set far to high in their normal position. Will take a look under the bonnet and see whats what.If anyone has any advice it would be welcome, but I may just take it back to the dealer. PS Loving it so far.
MrWrighty

Post by MrWrighty »

Had another look to day and over the weekend had lots of on coming drivers flashing me and some unhappy drivers in front of me, have had to adjust the headlamps to the highest number setting to lower the headlamp. Anyone know how to adjust the default headlamp height.?
arty

Post by arty »

Hiy.Im a new member and owner of a 2011 qq visia.
I have a few problems wth the car,including the headlamp leveler motors.

Can anyone advise if there is a motor on each lamp ! .I ask as mine only has one on the passenger side.The place where i think the driver side motor should be houses a bulb.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any idea where i can buy a work shop manual

cheers arty
thanks for your help

arty