Qashqai 2011 Cabin Filter Location !!!!! help!!!!!

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
warren89

Post by warren89 »

Can anyone please tell me where is the cabin filter location please? I have a 2011 qashqai right hand drive. I saw many videos telling it's near the pedals but I can't find it. Do you have to remove the golve box?

Jokskot

Post by Jokskot »

You do have to remove the glove box. You also need to remove the motor that controls a flap for the ventilation to access the filter. THIS NEEDS CARE. There is a rack and pinion (I think that's what it's called) with the pinion gear on the stepper motor shaft and the rack (comb) attached to the ventilation flap...ensure you mark their relative positions and replace in exactly the same position.The first time I did this, I didn't take sufficient care and found that with certain selections of the AV there was a regular knocking noise which I think was due to the stepper motor keeping attempting to move the flap, but too far so that it came to a stop and then appeared to reverse and make another attempt! If you pm me, I think I can find a pdf instruction document downloaded from the other Qashqai site which is good, but doesn't caution about the stepper motor removal.J
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Assuming the J11 is similar to the J10, then one turns the heater to "LO" before removing the motor, then the cogs line up on replacement.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

J11 is totally different, you just remove the trim near the clutch pedal and slide out the filter box.

Not like the J10 where you have to remove glove box, and lots of other bits.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Chrisw99, you refer to the J11 RHD version I assume; good to hear it is easier. No complications then on the LHD either?
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.