Reverse gear slips out when reversing 1.6 dCi manual 2012

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
nphili01

Post by nphili01 »

When Ifast accelerate with reverse gear, the gear is coming out! This also happens when reversing for long distance (10 - 20 meters). Nissan garage chenged gearbox but the problem still occurs!
Do anyone knows why did this happened? It happened to anyone else?

Thanks,

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

nphili01 wrote:When Ifast accelerate with reverse gear, the gear is coming out! This also happens when reversing for long distance (10 - 20 meters). Nissan garage chenged gearbox but the problem still occurs!
Do anyone knows why did this happened? It happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
No specific idea but generally speaking this could be down to gear linkage adjustmet, Bowden cables in the Qashqai I think. Or it could be down to wear and tear, which isn't applicable in this case. Or it could be down to inadequate locking of the gearshift, which may be a weak detent or locking of synchro or dog teeth. Since you are on the second gearbox, either it is a design weakness of this gearbox model or it is the gear linkage adjustment I mentioned firstly. I've seen things like trim preventing full movement of the gear lever or linkage, so a reasonably adept mechanic is needed. One who thinks outside the box, as it were. Not a disinterested 'couldn't care less' fitter.

If it is a design feature of this gearbox, reverse more gently and carefully.
nphili01

Post by nphili01 »

Hello,

This issue is under investigation from Nissan as I was informed from Nissan Service manager. The problem occurs to other Qashqai's also, as also the new ones from 2014 and so on. The video below demonstrates the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cx7LDrKt8Q