Locking the car from Outside while Keys are In Ignition

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
begbie1976

Post by begbie1976 »

Hi everyone,

First post from me on this forum, so be gentle! I've searched the forum for a similar subject with no luck.

I've got a 10 plate QQ N-tec 1.5 DCi. I switched the engine on yesterday morning to defrost the windows and tried to lock the doors using my spare key so that I could leave the car running while doing other things. I discovered that only the driver's door locked - the central locking function didn't work. In all my previous cars, the doors all lock when doing this. Is this normal for the QQ or is there something wrong with my car?

begbie1976

Post by begbie1976 »

Anyone? Could someone try to lock the car using the spare key, while the other keys are in the ignition and the engine is running?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I'm certain this is a fail safe measure to stop yourself locking yourself out when i key is in car.
Have you tried removing key component from the i key, and inserting into driver's door lock
& locking manually??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
begbie1976

Post by begbie1976 »

Gel wrote:I'm certain this is a fail safe measure to stop yourself locking yourself out when i key is in car.
Have you tried removing key component from the i key, and inserting into driver's door lock
& locking manually??
Hi Gel. Sorry, my post wasn't clear - that's what I've tried to do. The key is in the ignition with the engine on and all blowers at full tilt to defrost the windows. I tried locking the car manually, using the spare key. All that happens is that the driver's door locks. All other doors, and the boot, remain unlocked.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Just a thought; in Settings, accessed via pressing "ENTER" button on steering wheel, is your door locking _option ticked as on mine?

Display.jpg

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Gel wrote:Just a thought; in Settings, accessed via pressing "ENTER" button on steering wheel, is your door locking _option ticked as on mine?
Wrong model. OP has a J10, your picture and comments are of a J11
begbie1976

Post by begbie1976 »

As soon as I read the part about an 'enter button' on the steering wheel, I knew it was a different model but checked my settings anyway - nothing about door locking.

I tried locking the doors manually (without keys in the ignition) and the central locking works.