Rear door grip

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Qashqai2
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Qashqai2 »

Hi mine's a qashqai2 10plate so no warranty. The handles broken off on the fixers what's my option ?
Can I got to the Nissan dealer and complain?

oderbang
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by oderbang »

Hi all,
This seems to be a common issue where the boot /tailgate handle snaps off.

As you probably know (as i found out) it can cost between £150 and £250 to get this handle replaced and sprayed.

Well i thought... naaa to expensive and designed some 3D printed parts to repair it myself. i listed them on ebay and they seem pretty popular.

I didn't want to bring it to the forum until I was happy the part works now with 1 month sales and over 300 sales and (at this stage 100% positive feedback) I'm happy to announce my £15 fix that give a better fixing then OEM

Nissan Boot Repair

I hope this part saves people a lot of money!
Any questions feel free to inbox me :)
libyanalter

Post by libyanalter »

Hi,This boot lid cover is a poor design as all the load of lifting is transfered through the flimsy mouldings inside the cover. The load applied can be fairly high if the boot release is not opened before you lift the boot lid ! To replace you need to remove the iside cover from the boot lid and then remove the five bolts from the boot lid and then slide them into the replacement moulding (which will cost you about £160 !!!!!!!) and then refit the assembly of cover and bolts back onto the boot lid. To be able to remove the numberplate lights and boot lock switch you need to disconnect that piece of the wiring harness from inside the boot lid. Bill
Play madalin stunt cars 2 for free on PC.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

For the last year or so my rear boot grip has snapped off. This is an awful design on the Mark 1 Quasquai and maybe on them all. Well here is an inexpensive fix if you don't mind a slight modification. If you go online you can find some small screw caps, the hinged ones and very small ones. Available in a lot of colours so pick one to suit your cars colour. I have a black car. Then you need a metal drill piece. I don't know the size as my mechanic did the fix but it wasn't big. He drilled 3 screws, one on each side though the plastic boot grip into the metal and one in the middle. Inserted 2 or 3 inch screws with the screw caps and hey presto problem solved. It looks better than the brown tape which I have used for the last year and the fix cost me next to nothing. Just be careful not to drill into any wires. Thanks to the guy at the Supermarket car park who gave me the idea !!!
oderbang

Post by oderbang »

For those reading this here is great fix that is much cheaper than a replacement

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5348 ... =824&kw=lg

I think its £17 just need some acetone to stick them on!
Had this on my car for couple years now after i snapped the handle off.
Much stronger than the OEM
oderbang

Post by oderbang »

For those who still need to repair there boot handle see this fix on ebay
much cheaper than a replacement

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481 ... =824&kw=lg

hope this helps
SamT78

Post by SamT78 »

Hi

If you have no luck with a replacement there is a DIY kit available; comes with all the necessary parts and equipment to fix the original handle (no need for a respray). Fitting service is even available too!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382833736347