remapping

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
fabes

Post by fabes »

Not been on for while as I have been sorting out a few bits on a new car purchase ( still got the QQ though) but hope this post is still in time

Superchips Bluefin remap on our 1.5dci QQ+2 has made it more useable

Yes it's not a sports car (hence Direct line only charging me £25 to note the upto 20% increase in bhp)
It's on a map close to what Renault run this at in other cars but taking the 105/108 closer to 130bhp and a better torque curve makes the small engine in a big car more suitable for lugging the family and luggage in it which is what I was after (as I couldn't stretch to the 1.6dci originally)

No noticbale drop in mpg (as the engine isn't working 'as' hard due to more power available)

Had it18 months and mapped for 6 months with no issues

Look on their website or Google my longer review of times before and after etc

Worth it in my book

Ps I had a Saab Aero 'noobed' to stage 1 so I am aware of what a performance remap is capable of..... :D

shouk_1987
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by shouk_1987 »

I have a j11b and checking about the remappibg stuff
Who said that to look for another car is right but not in ever way

Qashqai is offered in my country with 1.2 Dig-T petrol only and with CVT, we are not offered any other drive train and we didnot get the beautiful 1.3T with DCT
Qashqai here is very famous and one of the top.value for.money and it is cheaper than any other powerful driveteain competitor
The 1.2T is 190 N.M and 115 PS which is just not effective for the cat weight
ECU remap will convert torque to 240 N.M and 140 PS which are numbers that are very close to its sibling renalut kadjar which have the same engine but on a DCT

I just want to know if some one from J11 for 1.2T did it or not and will it worth it as it is not cheap ?
Also tuner advised to me that the warranty will not be void as they will not know