No power / Loss of boost / Help

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
alasio

Post by alasio »

Hi All,

Qashqai 2008 1.5 DCi, huge headache.

Another question before I completely loose my mind with this car. Having now gotten back into it (Thanks to a long rod and engine release... Won't be making that mistake again), the issue persists but I have no error codes to work from.

So, long story short, was doing 70 (ish, maybe a little more) on the motorway and suddenly got the red engine warning light with a loss of power / acceleration. Loud rattling sound from the engine, struggles to drive up hill and has absolutely no acceleration. Put your foot to the floor, feels like you'd be faster to push it..

Took to a local garage who said it was a P0120 error and it needed a new throttle body. So, replacement throttle body later, new code appeared, P2263. Working again on advice, replaced the boost pressure sensor and code gone.

However, there are now no codes, but there is still no change in the performance.

Ideas, please?

Roadie

Post by Roadie »

If you have mats fitted check they are jamming the throttle.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Im not quite grasping all this!
At 19-02pm today you report that everything is sorted and ok. Then now you are saying that you have another subsequent problem, been able tp book it into a garage, order and fit parts that wouldn't be readilly available, in less than a day....in fact less than 2 hours!
Hmmmm!
alasio

Post by alasio »

gvmdaddy wrote:Im not quite grasping all this!
At 19-02pm today you report that everything is sorted and ok. Then now you are saying that you have another subsequent problem, been able tp book it into a garage, order and fit parts that wouldn't be readilly available, in less than a day....in fact less than 2 hours!
Hmmmm!
What is there to grasp? Two separate issues whereby the vehicle was unusable. As for diagnosing and getting the parts, that's not difficult :-)

Due to the above listed issues, the car was off the road and I was coming to my wit's end with it. Having gone through the diagnostics and replaced parts, I was resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery when I did my stupid and dropped the bonnet. Back in the car, but the original problem remains.

Having gone through removing and replacing the throttle body and boost pressure sensor, removing and cleaning the EGR Valve and MAF Sensor, the issue has persisted.

Long story short, by process of elimination, it can now only be the turbo.
alasio

Post by alasio »

Roadie wrote:If you have mats fitted check they are jamming the throttle.
Already checked Roadie, no such luck. Also checked accelerator potentiometer and its reading fine. :-(
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

not something simple like a split hose.... or even a collapsing intake pipe under boost?