Auto lock when unattended

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
karansadhwani

Post by karansadhwani »

Hi,

QQ owner for about 4 months now, haven't posted yet but a keen follower!

Had a bit of a scare yesterday when I thought i'd left the car unlocked and had to head back to the cinema parking lot to make sure it was locked!

I've been looking for auto-lock options in the manual but can't seem to find anything. Seem odd Nissan wouldn't include this as a standard feature.
Grey 2012 Nissan Qashqai N-tec +

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

To my knowledge auto lock only operates when you've unlocked car with fob & not entered car; after short time it'll relock.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I think you will find Gel is correct. Here is a comment from the "Nissan Drivers Guide" where again there is no comment - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
karansadhwani

Post by karansadhwani »

Thanks both, will have to try this out on my good ol' J10.

I understand the need for auto lock if doors' not opened after unlocking. I suspect they've disabled auto lock in my scenario for safety reasons.
Grey 2012 Nissan Qashqai N-tec +
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Both Gel and DaveBerlin are correct on the way tye autolock works on the QQ.
karansadhwani, I believe you are also correct with your comment about it being a safety issue.
Currently, when the car is locked from the outside it deadlocks the doors. Nissan call it 'Superlock'.
If the car was set up to auto lock after exiting the vehicle, then if anyone else was left inside then they would not be able to exit as they would be unable to unlock the doors from the inside.
Troubledshooter

Post by Troubledshooter »

Gel wrote:To my knowledge auto lock only operates when you've unlocked car with fob & not entered car; after short time it'll relock.
That is my experience as well, on my 2012 N-Tec.
2012 Magnetic Red QQ 2.0 N-Tech CVT
Birand
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Birand »

gvmdaddy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:15 pm Both Gel and DaveBerlin are correct on the way tye autolock works on the QQ.
karansadhwani, I believe you are also correct with your comment about it being a safety issue.
Currently, when the car is locked from the outside it deadlocks the doors. Nissan call it 'Superlock'.
If the car was set up to auto lock after exiting the vehicle, then if anyone else was left inside then they would not be able to exit as they would be unable to unlock the doors from the inside.
Hi gvmdaddy,
Is there any way that the doors can auto lock once I leave the car? There has been to many times that I'm not sure if I've locked the car or not..

Thank you and have a great day :D

BR//
Birand
-Birand

Tekna / Designpack 1.6 - 163HP 2018
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

No
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)