Tipping sound and hardly starts

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Erlandsss

Post by Erlandsss »

Hello,
Ive bought nissan qashqai 2010 1.5 diesel its drives well but when you stop the engine under the bonnet you can hear that something is dripping. Under the car there us bo leaks or any visual leak from the outside seen by and eye. Also, it hardly starts on cold engine you can hear that it tries to grip and does it in third fourth time to start the engine. Does anyone knows what kind of problem can it be? Also it gives white smoke at the start.
Thanks
Erlandas

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

White smoke on start is fuel not getting burnt. Chances are that the glow plug / plugs not working. It could also be an injector fault, but i would go with the glow plug first.

If it is fuel in the exhaust then your probably damaging the CAT, so needs to be fixed ASAP.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Dripping noise could be condensate from aircon venting below the car and should be visible on the ground, if not a pipe or drain tube may have disconnected and the water may be pooling on a part of the car. Noise could also just be engine parts cooling and contracting, usually a heat shield or similar as they cool quickly, could also be plastic parts contracting as they cool rapidly, such as the air filter housing and its associated tubing.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Erlandsss, how old is your car? Is it a J10 or J11 model?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

He says it's a 2010 model. It does sound like glow plugs and it wouldn't hurt to check the air filter too. My first thought regarding the noise was also cooling engine parts, but it's always hard to second guess stuff unseen!

If only just bought, and from a trade seller, then hopefully they can diagnose and fix the problem, depending on the consumer laws where the car was bought.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
lola

Post by lola »

Hopefully it is not a gearbox fault
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

IMG_20170813_153346.jpg

Hi guys
Whilst parked up this weekend, I noticed a small puddle and an occasional drip underneath the car (in line with the wing mirrors) I took the attached photo where it was coming from. Is this the aircon condensate drain relieving?