How to reset sevice now due message

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
qashqailover

Post by qashqailover »

I serviced my 2011 qashqai around 3 weeks ago when i started to get the service due in xxx miles, new oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter.

Today i now get a fixed message service now due, i went into the settings scrolled down to maintenance then into sevice but there is no reset like there is in tyres and other.

In the qashqai owners manual page 2-18 it shows in the sevice box, back with reset under neath with dash lines under this, my qashqai only as back and does not have the reset, so how do i reset to remove the maintenance now due message, i'm stumped with this one.

qashqailover

Post by qashqailover »

Problem sorted, service now due with spanner symbol now reset.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Be useful for other members if you explained how.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
qashqailover

Post by qashqailover »

I faffed about all afternoon trying to cancel the service due now and spanner symbol, i even plugged my delphi diagnostics in with out luck.

When i went into settings then into maintenance and scrolled down to service instead of pressing once to go into service, i pressed twice quickly then it displayed reset and the miles it had to count down before the next service reminder, the service due now and spanner symbol was deleted, more by accident than anything.

I'm not sure if it's just quirk with my qashqai there is no reset in the service section or display of how many miles it as to go before the service message is displayed, as when i go into tyres or other it shows reset and miles and you just scroll down and press reset.
Campion16
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Campion16 »

Folks this my first post so cut me some slack if I stuff it up. I live in Cyprus and have a locally sourced 2008 Qashqai 1.6 Acenta which is out of warranty so I get it serviced by a local UK mechanic. He couldn't reset the service so I had a play.

On my car I could not get a Service menu.
I held the trip button down and the service interval showing -12397 flashed.
Then I pressed once and it reset back to the default of 15000.
That cleared the spanner symbol.

I thought this might help somebody else