The leak from driveshaft oil seal

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
cew

Post by cew »

Hi,
I've just bought the Nissan Qahqai+2 1.6dci 2012 and just before collect the car the seller told me that after final inspection they found some leak from driveshaft oil seal. I was told that it has been replaced and rectified. I don't know what this driveshaft oil seal is and is it any serious thing? Could you let me know if should I worry. Thank you

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

As the seller has informed you of the fault, I would imagine they have had it replaced by a decent garage. The seal fits where the drive shaft from the wheel goes into the gearbox, its usually fairly easy to replace. If you get under the car where the drive shaft comes out of the gearbox to the wheel, you should be able to see where the oil / dirt has been cleaned up and see a new seal fitted.

As with all cars that have some age, maybe even new cars. When you move away from where you park overnight, look for oil on the floor where the car was, also regularly check the engine oil level. If you see leaks, get it checked and repaired by a good garage.

It sounds like nothing to worry about in this case as the fault was rectified.

cew wrote:Hi,
I've just bought the Nissan Qahqai+2 1.6dci 2012 and just before collect the car the seller told me that after final inspection they found some leak from driveshaft oil seal. I was told that it has been replaced and rectified. I don't know what this driveshaft oil seal is and is it any serious thing? Could you let me know if should I worry. Thank you
cew

Post by cew »

Thank you