Auto climate control

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Just a quick question guys On my Tekna QQ if I press auto on the climate control and then one of the directional buttons it switches off from auto. Is this correct? You can only use the directional buttons on Manual. Thanks for any help. :D
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Correct.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Thank you gvmdaddy thought I was going more nuts :roll: :lol:
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

As long as you don't touch the fan speed a lot of the functions still remain in auto mode as defined by the temperature.
DD41 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm Just a quick question guys On my Tekna QQ if I press auto on the climate control and then one of the directional buttons it switches off from auto. Is this correct? You can only use the directional buttons on Manual. Thanks for any help. :D
DD41

Post by DD41 »

On mine Daewar in auto mode if I touch any button other an heat settings or air con it turns auto mode off.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DD41, thats how it works. On auto the heating or cooling comes from the vents in the footwell and the windscreen vents only. If you set the temp higher than the ambient temp then the fan speed starts low and gradually increases as the engine warms up. The fan speed will then decrease as the internal temp of the car matches the temp you have selected. When on auto, if you hit either the fan speed or the directional buttons then it automatically cancels the auto setting, directing heat/cooling to wherever selected, along with your selected fan speed. Hope this makes sense.
Deleted User 3871

Maybe im getting mixed up with my Mini. If I remember tonight, im going to have a play.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

:) Gvmdaddy spot on bud yes it makes sense and that's just as it's working. Thanks. :)
Deleted User 3871

Well i finally got around to checking my hypothesis and im right & all you doubters are wrong.

Selecting any of the direction buttons does not stop the auto function from maintaining temp. If you increase the temp dial, the fan will increase to get hotter air into the car, its very slight, but if u go to max heat its very obvious. In reverse, if you select cold, the fan speed will decrease. I only checked this on regular day, not to hot, not to cold. So there may be variations of this.

So, in essence, the QQ is just like the mini when you change the air direction buttons, the auto temp part continues to work.
gvmdaddy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:01 pm DD41, thats how it works. On auto the heating or cooling comes from the vents in the footwell and the windscreen vents only. If you set the temp higher than the ambient temp then the fan speed starts low and gradually increases as the engine warms up. The fan speed will then decrease as the internal temp of the car matches the temp you have selected. When on auto, if you hit either the fan speed or the directional buttons then it automatically cancels the auto setting, directing heat/cooling to wherever selected, along with your selected fan speed. Hope this makes sense.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Im sure you're wrong Daewar, read section 4-26 in the owners manual. Auto setting controlls the temperature, fan speed and direction of airflow. If you interupt the direction of airflow then it cancels the auto setting. I will however check mine again later to be sure.