Qashqai advice pls

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Ada63m

Post by Ada63m »

Evening all,

My apologies for a lengthy topic and if youve heard it all before.... Anyway, my name is Adam, Im 31 years old and Im currently looking for a new family car. Long story short, my wife and I have decided to go for the qashqai over a cmax purely for its looks. Although cmax seems slightly more practical - but no comparrison with looks.

We are looking to spend between 6 to 7.5k for a 2010 onwards facelift qashqai. Been looking at acenta models as the basic equipment seem very generous. Considering our current family car is a 2006 astra club. With not even a trip computer or aux in.

I have been doing research on common faults etc. And was horrified to read about old threads regarding the dci engine timing belts snapping at such low mileages. With that in mind and the goverment starting to penalise diesel owners i have opted to look at getting a 1.6 petrol. I have read these are slightly under powered, but as my current astra is 1 second slower 0-60 than a 1.6 qashqai then i dont think this will be an issue as is quicker.

Being long term qashqai owners I was wondering what your honest views of the car are and whether you have any advice or tips?

Very much apprecitated and thank you in advance!

Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Hi Adam, I personally wouldn't buy a car based on what I have read on a forum, due to the fact you will always read more bad than good.
You could keep on trawling through the forum but I don't think you will find the answer your looking for.
Choose a model that's within your budget and suits your requirements, take one for a drive and judge each one individually.
I've had some issues with mine and still do, would I buy another?..........yes.
I'm sure some owners wouldn't touch another QQ with a barge pole or a Nissan for that matter, but that's cars for you.
Good luck.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Sound advice from Mark46.
Deleted User 3598

Post by Deleted User 3598 »

2nd what Mark said
I've had a Hyundai Getz for 11 years since new and only replaced tyres, rear pads and discs and they make rubbish cheap cars don't they?
I love my QQ and would recommend them to anyone that needs a larger car for a family with 2 dogs like us!
Ada63m

Post by Ada63m »

Thank you for your advice. I have driven 1 so far and enjoyed it. Will take a visit to local nissan dealer and try some more. Thanks again.
anzdaman
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by anzdaman »

Good day all. Please assist me with my query. I have the 2008 QQ dci 2.0 Acenta and for the past 2 weeks or so I've been hearing a distinct 'plastic hitting metal' sound coming from the left side of the engin towards the back.(when facing the engin) In close proximity to the fuel filter. I hear it more when the engin is still cold. After a few minutes or so it kind of dies down a little. Any ideas what it could be?

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

shimamaleki
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by shimamaleki »

hi every body. I have a Qashqai could you please suggest me a cycle carrier?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome, please try using the "Search" Facility as this subject has been posted before. Just stick what you want in the box and go for it - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

https://auxtail.com/

I think one of our members has something to do with this cycle carrier.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

Hound wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm https://auxtail.com/

I think one of our members has something to do with this cycle carrier.
Craig_Broadbent I believe viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4683&p=43078#p43078