Front Tyre Wear

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
gaz69

Post by gaz69 »

Hello All

I have owned my 2011 4WD 1.5dci Qashqai since it was new and at just gone 50k miles I now need another set of front tyres.

This will be my 5th Set.

They are always worn out on the outside edges, the tracking is checked every year and it is never out.

What sort of mileage are you guys getting from the front tyres?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

So far mine have covered 15k Miles. The outside edges are a little worn compared to the rears that have a fair amount more tread. I will soon swap the fronts with the rears where i think i will get to about 25k miles before they all need replacing. I also tow a 1.5 ton caravan, so i guess they may have lasted longer if i did not tow.

I have previously owned a Seat Altea that was a great car, but the tracking was always going out and scrubbing the inner / outside of the tyres. I just had to live with it.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Mine are still OK after 19,000 miles and it looks like they should be fine for another 5000 or so. Front and rear wear is about the same but I think the dealer must have swapped them front to back at the first service. With AWD, it's important to keep the rolling diameter of the tyres equal to prevent the system "winding up" and causing premature wear or damage to the 4 wheel drive system.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.