VIN

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
mmlizabeth
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by mmlizabeth »

Where do I locate the VIN for the 2007 model, on the windscreen there is just NJ10 with 6 digits, which is indicated on the documents as the chassis number. but each time I want to replace the shocks, am being asked to provide the VIN despite giving part numbers. We have searched the everywhere I was told i can locate the VIN, but to no avail.

I bought the vehicle 2nd hand from Japan.

Can someone pliz advise ?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

from Wikipedia; downside of buying imported car I guess.
VIN

Japanese carmakers do not use a Vehicle Identification Number as is common overseas. Instead, Japan uses a Frame Number—nine to twelve alphanumeric characters identifying model and serial number. For example, Frame Number SV30-0169266 breaks down as "V30" identifying the model as Toyota Camry/Vista x30; "S" identifying the engine (4S-FE), and "0169266" being the serial number of the vehicle. Vehicle make is not identified but slight number variations can identify the carmaker, i.e. Toyota usually uses seven digits for its serial numbers while Nissan uses six. Because a frame number contains far less information than a VIN, JDM vehicles also use a Model Code. As an example, SV30-BTPNK breaks down as "SV30", which means the same as above, and "BTPNK" which designates a set of features incorporated in the vehicle.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, more facts great stuff and interesting you found the problem and stated the correct facts - Dave :)

mmlizabeth, I think Gel has solved the problem. I checked here in Germany and the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is called a "Fahrzeug Identifizierungs-nummer". This No. is "normally" found on all your paperwork from Nissan - Contract, Sales Document, Service Book, EU Paperwork etc .... and is also normally shown on the windowscreen. But as Gel has pointed out you have to somehow get hold of the Japanese data for your number. Perhaps if you take a look in the web for a "Japanese Parts Supplier" in the U.K. they could help you and therefore order parts from them direct - just a suggestion ! Dave ;)

http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/

https://www.importcarparts.co.uk
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken